sharp pain below boobs

flossey

Reaction score
Just where my bra ends underneath my boobs I always have such a sharp pain where I have to push my hand in on it cause applying pressure on it seems to ease it a bit. Any idea of what this is? Also the discomfort I've been going through is absolutely awful, if I'm sat at the computer after about 5mins I've got to lie down because of the pains, same goes for driving, so so uncomfortable! Had 34 week appointment yesterday and babys estimated weight is 5lb.. I'm really hoping with the pain and discomfort I'm in that I go early, anytime between 38-40 weeks, cuz the thought of dealing with this discomfort for another 6+ weeks is killing me :( anyone else having a hard time?

It's probably your baby - when he moves down - there will be more space and your pains will (probably) go away!!

Hope u feel better soon!! If not, call your mw or gp to see if there's anything they can do!

Lots of luck!!

xx

Yep!!!! Does it feel like that part of your bump is on fire? For me it felt like it was being pushed up between my wishbone and could feel it pulsing. Now Albert's dropped a bit it has eased off which is fab but I still have to make sure I sit up straight.

I won't say it gets easier lol cos I'm in agony today, it's just a different type of agony xxxxxxxx

I had/have this. Its called rib flare. Your ribs are swollen and expanding to allow room for baby. It burns like mad! Now my baby is engaging, my ribs are getting a break and its heaven. Although, some days they still hurt but its not constant x

What your describing sounds identical to what i had, I had Gall stones but didnt know about them previously, pregnancy can aggrevate it apparently, i couldnt drive or sit for long and spent alot of time laid on the side that didnt hurt. This started at 28 weeks for me. Everyone said to me that it was baby and I believed them but couldnt understand why noone else seemed to have the problem. Dont get me wrong it might be baby and I hope it is just baby but just have it checked. I am slim and dont eat junk or anything but I still had them and had gall bladder out 2 months after giving birth. good luck xx

Thanks for your answers. Would gall stones come up in a urine sample? My last urine sample came back with leukocites, protein and traces of blood, the results came back as normal though. My next appointment is 36 weeks with midwife in 2wks so I could mention it to her then to see what she says. My pregnancy has been so easy until now, no sickness or nothing its almost as if my body is like you're not gettin away that easy and now I'm crippled with these pains :( lol..xx

Pains below boobs and protein in wee are two signs of pre eclampsia, I had both along with high bp, blurred vision and headaches! I was induced and not allowed past my due date so I would deffo mention it to be on the safe side but could be something simple like the position of baby. X

Hey pringle, its weird cuz every single urine sample I've done from the start of bein pregnant protein has shown up in but they always come back from the lab with clear results. My blood pressure is always normal, wouldn't say I get blurred vision as such but sometimes get kind of light headed and see black spots. I've been up at the fetal assesment unit twice in 3wks thinkin somethin was wrong with me, both times I've been fine and I'd nearly feel stupid ringing back up about this they'd probably be like ahh here comes the hypacondriac..or however ya spell it lol

Hey hun

i have the same problem urs were my bra ends and utter kills so much most days if its on the right hand side its defo to do with pregnancy as thats what it says in the books etc i had a scan at 30weeks and i mentioned it then to which mw said was really common as its baby and everything pushing ur ribs and making them expandand its quite uncomfortable its been worse this time around

mw reckons it gets worse with each pregnancy as there is always scar tissue left behind from the last time!! OUCH hope it feels better for you towards the end xx

Hey hun

i have the same problem urs were my bra ends and utter kills so much most days if its on the right hand side its defo to do with pregnancy as thats what it says in the books etc i had a scan at 30weeks and i mentioned it then to which mw said was really common as its baby and everything pushing ur ribs and making them expandand its quite uncomfortable its been worse this time around

mw reckons it gets worse with each pregnancy as there is always scar tissue left behind from the last time!! OUCH hope it feels better for you towards the end xx

Sorry bout the bad spelling its the stupid predictive txt on the phone :) x

Thanks for your answers. Would gall stones come up in a urine sample? My last urine sample came back with leukocites, protein and traces of blood, the results came back as normal though. My next appointment is 36 weeks with midwife in 2wks so I could mention it to her then to see what she says. My pregnancy has been so easy until now, no sickness or nothing its almost as if my body is like you're not gettin away that easy and now I'm crippled with these pains :( lol..xx

Hi hun no gall stones are found through doing an ultrasound scan, hope its just baby though xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back