~~~vegetarian thread~~~

I am not a vegetarian.. but i do refuse to eat normal sausuages.. i use the quorn sausages.... yummie on sausage sandwiches.... I also use the quorn mince to make my spag bol... DH can't tell the different.. and also the same for cottage pie.. with smash on top... with dairylea triangles mixed in it... its yummie.. quick and easy also...

me and my husband are veggie so we'll be feeding the baby veggie food until she's old enough to tell us what she wants.
I think it's a bit different when your OH is eating meat so you have a choice in the house of what to feed the baby, for us though we're not about to go out and buy meat and try and cook it for the kid (we wouldn't have a clue what to do!). So for you trixipaws, I really don't know what I'd do, probably feed the baby both but more veggie than not (just because I wouldn't like to cook with meat)

waouh... how do you girls do it? i could never be a vegetarian I love meat too much :oops: :oops: :oops: ... from a young age we were taught that God made animals for our benefit - that it was ok for us to eat them. i guess that's why i've never looked back or questioned it...

but if want some ideas I would say vegetarian fajitas - with lots of green and red peppers! :D

i admire you ladies!!!! i didn't know there were so many vegetarians on the forum :D

I could go on forever on this subject lol! Just to say to everyone, eat what you want to eat and sod everyone else. Do what feels right because we all have different beliefs and that will always be the case! You can analyse forever - down to the leather you wear on your feet.

I think it's important to know what your body needs if you are a vegetarian and not to solely rely on processed foods like Quorn, even though it is a good source of low fat protein. I cook most meals from scratch and eat a lot of lentils/beans/peas etc. I will post some recipes soon as this thread was meant to be for that! :D

hmmm i love nut roasts, make a good alternative when making a roast dinner.

I was a strict veggie for 11 years but when I was pregnant with Mason they said he wasn't growing properly and threatened to induce him early so they could put him in SCBU, I know they say its nothing at all to do with diet when something like that happens but I figured I would do anything I could to try and help him gain weight so I started eating meat again.

turns out he was born 8lb 6 so they probably got the measurements wrong.

After that I was breastfeeding so it didn't make sense to go veggie right away, then I was weaning and Mason had the same food as us so I couldn't be bothered preparing different meals, so it just kinda stuck.

Urchin said:
I was a strict veggie for 11 years

wow how did you eat meat after all that time i would have thrown up!! didnt your body reject it at first? xxxxx

Keely said:
Urchin said:
I was a strict veggie for 11 years

wow how did you eat meat after all that time i would have thrown up!! didnt your body reject it at first? xxxxx

it was weird I had to go into it slowly, the first thing I had was a chicken salad. I wasn't ill but it was odd at first, the thought I was doing it for the baby over-rode anything else though :)

I've been a veggie since I was 6- much like MumNat once I realised where meat came from. My parents are hippies so supported me (but hoped I wouldn't manage it I think!) but I have- for 25 years now! I don't eat fish, gelatine, non-veggie cheese, cochineal etc and I actually have a bit of an intolerance to cow's milk so most of the time I have soya milk too. None of my family are veggie and neither is my OH so I have brought Mel up to eat meat although it is one of the things that he now totally rejects! Everyone thinks it's me not giving it to him!!

Living with a meat-eater I've had to learn to cook meat which is tricky when you can't taste it but I get constant feedback which helps! I do a lot of casseroles as that is an easy way to do a veggie and non-veggie version. Also stir-frys, lots of pasta sauces, bean chilli, & veggie curries.

+++

:) I was so happy to find this thread! Great idea!
I've been a veggie for 12 years. I'm a lactous-ovous vegetarian. (Eat eggs/drink milk. Eat no meat or fish either. I avoid geletin as well.)
My hubby is a meat eater. He basically eats no veg. :roll:
I've found some good recipies on here - you girls keep it coming. I especially need quick meals that I can do for me and hubby.
I eat MorningStar meat substitues, made with soybean and veggies - no meat. Is that the same as Quorn?

I also have a great Chili Con Queso Quiche recipie (NOT a vegan recipe) that I LOOOOVE! Great party food...and meat eaters love it! PM me if anyone's interested.

Went in Waitrose today - if you haven't been I would recommend as they have a wonderful refrigerated veggie section, I bought some garlic sausages and made hotdogs with them - they have LOADS of other things :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back