vegetarian receipes help (not sure where to post this)

Tara & Liam

Reaction score
Can anyone help. i have thought long and hard about this and i have made the decision to try a vegetarian diet for six months to see how i cope. i am not to fussed about meat (not even bacon sandwiches). I am still going to eat fish, as i couldnt give this up.

i need uncomplicated receipes as i am not the best of chefs.

please help.

use quorn to substitute meat, then make anything you would have made originally using meat :)

I personally love veggie meals and don't use Quorn to substitue. There are loads of great meals made up of non meat products or substitutes.

Spinach lasagne is great. Easy to make also.

I like stir fry veggies lots.

Veg curry is easy also.

I love mozarella, tomato and basil drizzled in olive oil for a starter. Home made pizza is simple to make.

Fish pie

Goats cheese recipes are good also. Tasty.

Have a look around on line for some simple veggie meals.

Tesco's do a nice range of meat free food and quorn do loads if you want a meat substitute :D

The best vegetarian recipe i found goes as follows:

Buy Carrot
Eat Carrot.
Done.

NickS said:
The best vegetarian recipe i found goes as follows:

Buy Carrot
Eat Carrot.
Done.

:rotfl: Something tells me NickS is a carnivore!

It's a known & proven scientific fact that the human body cannot survive on a vegetarian diet.
Our bodies are geared by evolution to eat meat and to use the stuff n gubbins in them as the most efficiant fuel for our bodies when eaten in moderation with other thing that help meat pass through.

Things such as Steakhouse style chips, grilled tomatoes, onionrings, peas and fried mushrooms.

:angel:

NickS said:
It's a known & proven scientific fact that the human body cannot survive on a vegetarian diet.
Our bodies are geared by evolution to eat meat and to use the stuff n gubbins in them as the most efficiant fuel for our bodies when eaten in moderation with other thing that help meat pass through.

Things such as Steakhouse style chips, grilled tomatoes, onionrings, peas and fried mushrooms.

:roll: Men and steaks :roll:, it's like women and chocolate!

NickS said:

So who do you know who hasn't survived being a vegetarian ? :rotfl: You crazy horse :roll:

OMG :shock:

You mean I should have been dead for the last 24 years? Who knew? :rotfl:

+++

Rosebay said:
OMG :shock:

You mean I should have been dead for the last 24 years? Who knew? :rotfl:

+++

:rotfl: me too lol. tho not for quite as long

Medical journals world wide have studies that show the body does need stuff thats in meats that is not in veg, thats why so many veges take suppliments.

By not eating meat you're preventing stuff (good and bad) from getting in to your system.
Sadly, if you stay a vegetarian for a considerable time then try to eat meat the body cannot handle it and will make you violently ill.
Go figure, cant live with meat*, cant live with out it..

*Well, you Can live with out it but you damage your system.

NickS said:
Medical journals world wide have studies that show the body does need stuff thats in meats that is not in veg, thats why so many veges take suppliments.

By not eating meat you're preventing stuff (good and bad) from getting in to your system.
Sadly, if you stay a vegetarian for a considerable time then try to eat meat the body cannot handle it and will make you violently ill.
Go figure, cant live with meat*, cant live with out it..

*Well, you Can live with out it but you damage your system.

But theres nothing in meat that you can't get from other sources. And my system doesn't feel damaged at all :think: Nick are you telling porkies :fib: :D

"But theres nothing in meat that you can't get from other sources."

Meat contains a lot of things that is not in veg or fruit.
The only other way to get the stuff in meat with out the meat is to take vitamin suppliments, which are man made and not nearly as good as the natural/real proteins, minerals and vitamins.

Porkies... mmmmm bacon.....

NickS said:
"But theres nothing in meat that you can't get from other sources."

Meat contains a lot of things that is not in veg or fruit.
The only other way to get the stuff in meat with out the meat is to take vitamin suppliments, which are man made and not nearly as good as the natural/real proteins, minerals and vitamins.

Porkies... mmmmm bacon.....

Nah you can get everything you need from things like lentils, beans and pulses, dairy, nuts, oils....shall I go on Nick? :bored:

Only pulling your leg :wink: We'll have to agree to disagree :hug:

lou said:
We'll have to agree to disagree :hug:

Possibly the best thing to do.
The Chef & Scientist in me say differently to popular Veggie thoughts on the matter.

Speaking of which, gah the lunch they served kaz today was pure carbs!
Mashed tats, Pasta & Rice pudding.

So much starch n carbs... *shudder*
:puke:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back