Vaginal scan and freaking out

Maka

Reaction score
I had a vaginal scan and the lady couldn't find my left ovary :shock: what does that mean?
Also when I was leaving I saw what looked like a round ball on the screen. You think that's egg, ovary, cyst? She said I had just ovulated. I'm freaking out and I'm so nervous to call for my results later.

Try not to panic, whatever you think you saw on the screen it probably isn't! Did the sonographer offer any insight into why she couldn't see the ovary? It's good news she saw you had ovulated so take that positive and fingers crossed your results come back quickly xx

so I can't see charts and signatures.

I asked her if that maybe something was wrong and all she said was sometimes you don't see it :confused:

I was sent there because my Gp thinks I may have PCOS so I'm a bit nervous.

Sorry Hun I don't have charts/ signatures I don't know how to do it.

Try not to worry, seems like sometimes the scan doesn't pick it up not that it's not there, she just couldn't see it. It amazes me how sonographers know what they're looking at because I can never see what they see so don't worry over what you saw on the screen. I hope you get your results soon and put your mind at ease x

Did she say that the ovary she did see had cysts? X

so I can't see charts and signatures.

No, she didn't tell me anything. She said she would write up a report and give it to my Gp.

When I was leaving I saw a round looking object on the ultrasound. I didn't even think to ask her what it was.

I had a small ball by my ovary and they said it was a possible 'collapsed follicle' i googled it i think its normal. Try not to panic - i freaked out when i saw 2cm 'mass' (or a word to that effect) xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back