V

I take it it is a steam one.

I used to dismantle it, giveit a good scrub then put it on empty with a squeeze of lemon juice in the water as it cleans it and freshens the smell too.

:D

I think you can buy products to put in like Milton etc but I found this worked just as good.

Mine came with descaler and you had to mix the scahet with 10ml of water; put it into the sterilser and run it for 2 minutes empty.

Then give it a rinse; get rid of the nasty bits and run a full cycle with nothing in there.

Mine is an avent steamer.

Hope this helps :D

I buy lime scale stuff u do kettles with

i dessert spoon in with normal water amount steam it
rinse n all the mank comes out and then steam it a few more times and its done

the stuff is about £1.50 from asda

I buy a descaler in a bottle. I just put in a cap full and run the sterilizer then give it a really good rinse out. Easy! Quite satisfying to see all the muck come out.

What make is your steriliser?

I've got an Avent one and use citric acid mixed with water. I've still got the instructions. PM me if you want me to e-mail them to you.

Nikki

Hi girls,

Thanks so much for all the replies. It's a Tommee Tippee electonic steam one - all the info is really helpful.

Thanks again

Valentine xxx

It would be better not to use kettle descalers because of the harsh chemicals. Thats why people like Avent pack them with sachets of citric acid.

Go to your local chemist and ask for citric acid. Use 10g in 200ml of water. Then you let the steriliser run for a 3 minutes and leave to stand for half an hour. Then just rinse.

:shock: i have a cold water steriliser, do i have to de scale mine too? :oops: also i was wondering, do you clean it with warm soapy water every time you change sterilising water? sorry for being thick on this one :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back