V Festival

EllieG

Reaction score
Just wondered if any of you had been? What as it like? Would you go again? I know Foo Fighters are headlining, does anyone know if any other actd have been announced?
Fankoo

oasis are to be confirmed
killers are to be confirmed
the enemy are to be confirmed

and strong rumours are:
keane, bloc party, james, kasabian and the specials.

i went to V once, in 1996, so its probably changed ALOT lol. Would it be your first festival?

also had a quick scan and couldnt find any menchin of foo fighters anywhere...?

Great to go if its your first festival and they always have amazing headlines but I have witnessed a lot of hostility, trouble makers and fighting, also a lot of tents get raided and belongings pinched even down to the camping chairs.

Another gripe of mine is you cant have camp fires so how on earth are you supposed to stay warm at night back at the tent is beyond me.

Been twice by the way :D

Red_Fairy said:
also had a quick scan and couldnt find any menchin of foo fighters anywhere...?
Oooopsie I also just had a look and was looking at the wrong year :rotfl:
and yes.... I am a festval virgin.... can you tell??? :lol:

I went for a day a few years ago and it was ok, not the best but I prefer more rock and V was a bit poppy that year. We are going this year hopefully for the day again and taking the girls with us :) Would love it if the Ting Tings played as Seren loves them but doubt they will.

Charlie:-) said:
Great to go if its your first festival and they always have amazing headlines but I have witnessed a lot of hostility, trouble makers and fighting, also a lot of tents get raided and belongings pinched even down to the camping chairs.

Another gripe of mine is you cant have camp fires so how on earth are you supposed to stay warm at night back at the tent is beyond me.

Been twice by the way :D
mmmmm wanted Glastonbury, but I didnt get there in time :( Lastt year they couldnt get rid of the tickets :doh:

beanie said:
I went for a day a few years ago and it was ok, not the best but I prefer more rock and V was a bit poppy that year. We are going this year hopefully for the day again and taking the girls with us :) Would love it if the Ting Tings played as Seren loves them but doubt they will.
Prefer rock too, I did think about going to Knebworth as I live near there, but not sure.

im going to glasto this year... (sorry dont mean to rub it in lol) Cant bloody wait!
will be my 15th festival :D

regarding V, i think it would be great for a first festival, it dosent tend to get too muddy, has abit of pop, rock, indie somthing for everybody. Also it being over 3 days its abit easier, rather then like glasto were its 5 days.

EllieG said:
beanie said:
Prefer rock too, I did think about going to Knebworth as I live near there, but not sure.

have you thought of Download?? The Knebworth line up looks great (my OH wants to go but he already has a weekend away in Spain so he's not able to go)

beanie said:
EllieG said:
beanie said:

have you thought of Download?? The Knebworth line up looks great (my OH wants to go but he already has a weekend away in Spain so he's not able to go)
I hadn't - just taking a looksy.........

Red_Fairy said:
im going to glasto this year... (sorry dont mean to rub it in lol) Cant bloody wait!

regarding V, i think it would be great for a first festival, it dosent tend to get too muddy, has abit of pop, rock, indie somthing for everybody. Also it being over 3 days its abit easier, rather then like glasto were its 5 days.
Lucky thing! It falls over my 30th birthday....... Have a great time x

Red_Fairy said:

Thats it rub it in about Glasto, only kidding im 8) totally cool about not going seen as Bruce Springsteen and Neil Young are headlining. Glad I have the red button on the BBC to view a different stage. Im gutted that I will miss Orbital though would soooo love to see them at glasto, Ah well maybe next year if I can pursued hubby.

I agree with Red-Fairy V's a great festival to go to if its your first.

EllieG said:
Red_Fairy said:

Lucky thing! It falls over my 30th birthday....... Have a great time x

about glasto:
A further release of a limited number of cancelled tickets will go on sale from 9am on Sunday 5th April 2009, although in order to do so you must have registered beforehand to be eligible to buy a ticket. However, it's unlikely that they'll be a huge number of tickets available on that day. They will be priced at £175 (plus a booking fee of £5).

did you register? if you really want to go, ill do my best to help, ive been able to help people in the past :wink:

Oh, thats so lovely of you, thank youxx I registered last year but didnt realise that they did it earlier this year and I missed the boat. Thank you so much though :hug:

if you clicked the box 'keep my details for 5 years' then that reg number will work, i know its hard to rememebr if you did tho... i honestly had no clue, but it turned out i did. Ill go and see if theres anywhere to check reg numbers...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back