• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Falafel

Ok I tried to make the falafels a couple of times this week. They're supposed to be really easy to make. But when I put one in the oil, it dissolves! To nothing. I'm clearly doing something very wrong.

Yesterday we end up grilling them instead, it took about 45 mins but they were edible. I'll keep trying :)

Yeah they're lush! We usually have a packed of the dried mix in our cupboard as a nice standby and we have it with pitta bread and salad and lots of chilli sauce (made from ketchup + chilli) and garlic mayo. Yum!

+++

Tried again and they're still dissolving. But the result was quite tasty spread on bread for my tea :lol:

(Could it be because I'm using sainsbury's tinned chickpeas (drained.) Somehow they must still be more watery than the dried and soaked over night version. Is all I can think :) )

You can always add a little chickpea flour to bind the mix. If gluten isn't a problem I think breadcrumbs would work too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back