UTI but can''t have the antibiotics, sorry quite long xx

wirenth

Reaction score
:eh::eh:Ok, so I did a urine sample on the 15th, it needed to be re-tested on the 17th, so sent that one off and recieved a phonecall from the hospital saying that one was inconclusive could I send another so I did on the 18th via my GP, got a call monday the 22nd asking for yet another sample, saw the midwife on the 23rd and she did my normal test came back clear so she called the microbiology dept at the hospital and they said again that the last sample was inconclusive but I may need antibiotics just in case, so she sent my sample off again for them to test, I called my GP on the wednesday to see if they had heard anything and they told me they hadn't as yet, GP called me back thursday morning for YET ANOTHER sample, so off I toddled and took another one in..................

Finally got a call from the GP's receptionist on friday at 3.45pm saying that I did have an Infection that needed treatment and that I needed to come in and collect a prescriptin for Penicillin!!!:shock::shock: I then told them that I can't take them because as it says on my notes I am ALLERGIC to Penicillin and was diagnosed with the allergy when I was a small child her reply was " oh well the only other antibiotic that has come up on the screen as an alternative you can't take because you are too far along in your pregnancy, I'll get the GP to look at the results again and she'll call you before the end of surgery."

It is now saturday evening, I never got a call back from my GP and received a letter from the hospital this morning telling me to call my GP as I have a urine infection, and if I have any further enquiries to call the MW at bournemouth hospital.
Didn't bother calling MW this morning as I had a CTG this afternoon anyway so spoke to her then, CTG was fine baby seems happy and the only advice the MW could give me about the infection is to call my GP on monday morning and mention it to my consultant after my scan monday morning.

Sorry small rant but don't know what else to do, baby hasn't really been growing for weeks, my bump is still measuring 31.5cm at 38+5 weeks and now this....lol:lol:

My mum always said I was trouble from the day I broke my TONKA toys, Apparently they cannot be broken ROFL:rotfl:

Aww *hugs* your doctors sound a bit rubbish!! Hope they get their act together!! Glad your CTG was all good :)

Wow, that's a lot of wee! Ask for a second opinion because they don't seem to know what they're doing and take another sample lol! On a serious note, I hope you get somewhere with your doc, it's really worrying that they offered you penicillin in the circumstances!

I had this from my booking in, kept asking me for more samples saying showing maybe infection after the 4th sample i asked them if they were bathing in it lol. in the end teh last one i didn't hear anything it was that diluted though i doubt anything would show on that. I cant believe though they were going to give you penecillin when you cant have it, fingers crossed its just there error if you dont have any signs for infection.

Thats terrible being passed around like that. My midwife had got my measurments wrong though and sent me for a growth scan. As soon as i walked in for the scan the nurse person asked ME if the midwife had taken into consideration that the baby's head was down so therfore lost a few cm off lenght due to that! I told her that i had no idea and you would think the midwife would know that! It had nothing to do with me, i never asked for the scan and was worrying about it for 3 weeks! Turns out baby was absolutly fine size wise and it was just the midwife being thick so just thought id share this as i hated worrying about it and the midwifes arent always very accurate.

i had / have bronchitis from 31weeks and its still not gone properly, but i was prescribed cefalexin and thats safe through all of pregnancy n is an alternative to penacillin, my mum suffers very badly to penacillin so ive never actually had it just incase i am too,

but if they are worried they will give u that one to try n get rid of it, i had 3wks supply and it didnt touch my chest, so im still with my bronchitis until babys born and then can have some stronger ones, which hopefully will do the job,

good luck, and your docs sounds pants!!

xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back