• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

Using OPKs as PG tests. I'm worried!

poppy160

Reaction score
Hiya, I have my scan today and I'm really scared. To put my mind at ease I peed on an OV stick as I don't have any HPTs..and got a negative result. I used one at 6 weeks and got a very strong positive. I know they're not meant to be used as HPTs but I just wnted to put my mind at ease. How reliable are they? And does HCG reduce slightly as the months go on? Thanks.

I don't know how reliable opk's are as hpt's but I know pregnant ladies on here have tested with hpt's before and got bfn's, so I wouldn't worry too much.
At least you've got your scan today to put your mind at rest :hug: :hug:

Thanks for replying, I think it's just my nerves..I'm really scared because when I went for my 12 week scan in my last pregnancy there was nothing there atall, and I was still having symptoms and +hpts.

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: No wonder you're nervous! I'm sure everything will be fine today, good luck hun :hug: :hug: :hug:

OPK's never worked as a pg test for me, so please don't worry :hug:

even if you did a pregnancy test now it might be negative. Apparently the HCG hormone only stays high for a while and then goes down again and other hormones take over - so that might explain why it worked before but doesn't now.... Hope it goes well...

thanks guys! I was really worried, but the scan went well so my minds totally at rest :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back