• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

upset tummy...

petchy

Reaction score
i think OH has passed on his tummy bug to ruben :(

OH has been a unwell for the last couple of days and this afternoon ruben wasn't himself at all... didn't want his boobie, his dinner or anything and just cried a lot. i thought he was just tired and took him upstairs for a bath earlier than usual. he'd done a massive poo so i cleaned that up before putting him in the bath - he usually LOVES bathtime but was really grumpy today. after his bath he seemed more awake so i thought i'd keep him up for a while until it got closer to his usual bedtime.

5 mins later there were explosions in his nappy, and i could hear his tummy making gurgling noises... this runny gloopy poo was everywhere and it stunk like rotten eggs... :shock: while i was changing his nappy there was more - it was just shooting out, really runny stuff, all over the changing mat (thank goodness it's wipeable, has now been thoroughly "milton'ed"). then i lifted him up and he projectile vomited LOADS all over me and the floor...

poor little mite... :( he didn't want his bedtime bottle or anything (i'd even made him a bigger bottle as he didn't eat much for tea - now i know why he didn't want to eat!) and just went to sleep. his eyes were all bloodshot from crying...

i hate seeing him like this, my poor little boy!!! i've got a bottle of water ready for later if he doesn't want boobie when he wakes - i need to try an at least keep him hydrated...

awwwww hun i hope he gets better soon
Braydon had a week like this and was put on rehydration drinks from tesco by the doc if he is still oging id think of getting him some hun

aww poor little mite hope he feels better soon

OMG somehow ruben managed to be sick EVERYWHERE in his sleep without me hearing it on the baby monitor :shock:

i went to check on him before going to bed and he was covered in the stuff bless him. so cleaned him and the cot up, then managed to get him to take some boobie, and took him into my bed with me as i didn't want to leave him in his room in case he was sick again.

he seems a little better this morning, i'm trying him with some breakfast now.

on another note, OH is worse, he has a temperature of 39.2, and is shivering. i'm sending him to the docs when they open, and keeping a close eye on ruben too. i hope OH didn't bring back something nasty from his trip to nigeria!

Oh NO!

Hope They both get better really soon and you don't come down with it yourself. I'd get them both to the docs asap.

yes OH is at the docs now, but ruben seems back to his normal happy self this morning, although he's slept twice as long as usual for his morning nap. he has rather explosive nappies still, but his milk and breakfast stayed down so that's good!

well it wasn't OH that gave ruben that tummy bug, as he has MALARIA :shock: and that can only be passed on through blood (mozzy bites, sharing needles etc) so ruben must just have had a normal bug!

OH is going into hospital later this evening, not sure if it's just to give him meds or if he'll have to stay in overnight. think they're checking which kind of malaria he has - the serious one or the less serious.

silly man, thinking he wouldn't need a jab before going to nigeria as that's where he's from - after so many years over here the resistance can't be as good anymore, obviously!

Oh god Petchy, hope your OH is ok! :hug:

And hugs for little Ruben too :hug:

Hi

Oh no thats aweful im glad Ruben is eating now but i hope yoru OH is okay must be hard for you right now.
:hug: Katrina

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Briguebbon
Back