eeek anyone still up who might be able to help

fran_23

Reaction score
Hayden woke up with a cold this morning, nothing too bad hes just been a bit quieter than usual and had a nose like a tap all day..sounds all bunged up when he talks...he had a temp too but i've kept it down with medised, been using vicks on his chest and keeping his fluids up as hes been a bit picky with food- anyway he had a bath and bed about 9 and just woke up is quite hot and clammy and his nappy was SOAKED its leaked so much his whole vest is wet and his bed...when i was changing him he has a red rash all over his tummy and back :-(
Its not raised just red mottled it does go white when i press it but it looks angry IYKWIM..i've given him some more medised his temp doesnt feel burning just a bit too warm over 37 i would say (my thermometer is broken) what shall i do??

I'm not sure hun, Arianna ALWAYS comes out in a rash on her tummy and back if she is ill in anyways, the doctor told me it is quite common in under 5's to do this as their body is in such over drive trying to fight off the illness and the rash is just a side affect.

Give him more medicine, if he can have (timewise) and maybe put him in lighter PJ's if he is still hot and continue to let him drink plenty

Poor little thing, hope he is better soon :hug:

Thank you- i phoned my mum i always panic with rashes..she thinks it sounds like heat rash from his temperature and nothing too ominous, i've given him wash with a flannel and put him in just a vest suit and in his cot- lucky i have been unable to take it down as yet!! he seems a bit cooler and has gone back to sleep straight away! i'm sure he will be fine i just get so scared you hear so many things about rashes etc! thanks sarah :hug: :hug: :hug:

No probs hun, hope he is better come morning! :hug:

certainly sounds like heat rash, hope he sleeps it off and feels better in morning :hug:

Could be heat rash or a viral rash Fran as they are pretty common with little ones. Dont blame you for panicking though, rashes frighten the life out of me.

Thanks ladies i been up on and off the whole night with him because his being unable to breathe wakes him up, tried using carvol on his bed and he went off eventually about 6 after more parecetamol..we both had a long sleep and he woke up way more lively about 1.00 rash has gone down and temp is down loads so must have been heat rash! he is just bunged up still but i think he will be fine...just a cold!! phew...xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back