Can you help me diagnose Isaac's rash please?

Lou

Reaction score
Hi and thanks for reading my thread, hope you can help......

Yesterday Isaac woke up from his afternoon nap and was trying to scratch down the front of his nappy. I changed him and his nappy was soaked, smelt very strong and he had a welt type rash at the front of his tummy and on the inside of his thigh. His vest was wet round the egdes where his nappy was so full and had leaked so I got him changed gave him his tea and threw him in the bath where I noticed he had small patches of the welts on the base of his back and dotted randomly on his legs and body but the big cluster on his tummy had gone completely. This morning he still has them so I have given him some calpol incase he gets a temperature and I'm going to keep a close eye on him then get him to the doctors on monday if theres no change. He seem's ok in himself but is a little grumpy.

I'm thinking it might be chicken pox :think: but am worried because he hasn't had his MMR so measles could potenially make him quite poorly.

Do you have any ideas what this welt like rash could be? Its like hives and I thought it might be due to him eating tomato sauce, this would also explain his strong smelling wee :think:

What do you think ? :think:

All replies and advice appreciated as always :D

hi hun, hope he isnt feeling too poorly, it could be chicken pox. does it look like a type of heat rash? :think: You could try keeping him really cool for a while and see if it dies down abit? Also with his wee smelling a bit strong, could he have a water infection? :hug:

Yeah my mum thought it might be a water infection because he loves milk and although he has fresh water and juice available all the time he is always asking for milk so I give it to him. And yeah the rash does look like heat rash but rather than prickly looking its more welt looking, like when you first burn yourself and you get that white rash.

He doesn't seem poorly, just grumpy. Thanks for your reply, I'll try and get loads of water down him today incase it is a water infection.

Cheers hun :hug:

xrachx said:
How is it today? has it cleared up?

I only posted this thread this morning rach so no its still the same. I just changed his nappy and he has some appeared on his bum cheek now but its gone from his back. Weird :think: I think it might be the tomatoe sauce. He loves it and last night he had it with his cod chips and peas and he had it with his salmon and new tats the night before :puke: (he has it with anything) :roll:

I think its hives :think:

Melanie said:
I've no advice Lou but i found this page that might be helpful to you.

http://www.askdrsears.com/html/8/T082900.asp

It covers the most common causes of rashes in toddlers.

Thank you so so much, you're a star!! :hug:

It is hives definately. The symptoms on that website exactly describe Isaac's rash, which incidently has gone down alot today :cheer: All I can think it might be is an allergic reaction to some cakes we baked yesterday. They were a ready made box that you mix and bake then decorate and Isaac helped me mix it then put the icing and decorations on. He had a little taste when they were ready but didn't like them. Thats all I can think it could be :think:

That website is great. Its now on my favourites list :wink:

Thanks again :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back