unquenchable Thirst and Dry Mouth (sorted !!)

kimisgirl

Reaction score
Just thought I'd let you girlies know I think I've found a solution that seems to be working for me temporarily anyway. A large glass of water filled with Ice and a very small amount of lemon squash !! If you just sip it a bit at a time it works a treat !!

Of all my symtoms these are the two that are driving me insane. I just cannot seem to find a drink that stops the permanant feeling of thirst I have. and I have permanently dry moth which is awful.

Even water doesn't work !!

I'm starting to think I should go see Dr and see what they suggest, because where I'm constantly drinking I can't seem to eat a lot as my tummy is so full of liquid and then I just feel sick and bloated !!

so far I have tried :

Pepsi Max, irn Bru, Lemonade, Lucozade. Milk (both cows and Goats), Tango clear apple and watermelon and raspberry and cranberry, cranberry juice, pineapple juice, Tizer, apple juice ( made me puke).

I'm afraid to try orange juice because previous to my pregnancy drinking orange juice would have left me writhing on the floor in agony !!

is anyone else experiencing this ??

I went through a very thirsty phase in tri one...I found drinks with ice helped also ate ice lollies.

Im having this problem as well. I'm always thirsty but ice lollies sounds worth a try.

Yep I'm also constantly thirsty and after several glasses of water feel sick. Never know what to drink.

it could also be a sign of diabetes i would go to the docs to get it checked out just in case hun.

wow,

It's so nice to know I'm not the only one experiencing this (even thou I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy)

Will def give Ice lollies a try !!

Ice lollys all day long, either that or REALLY big glasses with your choice of drink (not fizzy) filled with ice, at the moment i'm loving Sprite in a pint glass full of ice, takes me 3 pints of ice to drink a can :doh:

i'm exactly the same. i'm drinking about 4 litres of water a day!

the worst thing is in the middle of the night when i wake up and it feels like i've been drinking alcohol all day my mouth is so dry!

going to try lollies.

i went through this in tri 1, in tri 2 it got better but now its all started again!!!!

I just ate 9 plain ice lollies and one ice cream one! I tried to stop at 2 but just couldn't help myself!! :shock:
It does help though!!

I got loads of ice lollies and that has done the trick!

I am so relieved to read this thread. I find lollies are helpful for about 20 minutes. Has this symtpom passed for anyone yet and if so, how far along where you when you started to regain your normal moisture in your mouth/throat?

It really feels like torture to feel so thirsty/dry all the time. I bought a humidifier for my bedroom and it seems to be helping because you can't eat ice lollies all night, which is when it was affecting me the worst. I would wake at night feeling like I was chocking becuase my mouth/throat is so dry. My nose also feels so dry, along with my throat, so I bought some saline nasal spray, which also helps for a few minutes ;-)

I read where pregnant women breathe more than normal, which can contribute to mild dehydration.

I am suffering this too... and this thread has made a really good read :cheer:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back