Unemployed and pregnant

ninnypants

Reaction score
well I really did it this time, as my brain told me.
I left my work on 6th Feb - left after being signed off for a month due stress - was a horrible job in a technical call centre, and now Im pregnant. Great. Still concentrating on getting a new job and not going to mention pregnancy to employers until 2/3 months time, that is if i get a joby by then.
Its annoying as I'd been at the company for almost 8 years in a really good technical 'profiessional job' but moved departments for a new challenge. big mistake.
Anyway, I left and Im now getting JSA luckily.
I live with my bf however he is only a contracted worker and not in perm employment.
Luckily we rent and no mortgage to worry about, and no debts, credit cards, loans, overdrafts etc.
so looks like the next couple months will be a big challenge mentally and financially to get things sorted and planned.
We are looking at moving up north as all my friends and most family is up there and the support woudl be really good.
Maybe this is the 'change' I need (the baby) to open up new doors for me job wise - maybe I'll look into self employment - Im a good photographer and would love to do kids photography, so maybe....

Oh no! You wouldn't be entitled to maternity pay from your new employer but you will be entitled to maternity allowance as long as you work for 26 weeks out of the 66 before baby is due.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back