Ultrasound accuracy

Discussion in 'First Trimester' started by Erica, Jul 6, 2005.

1. Erica

Erica New Member

Hello hello...
    I have been a little confused s to the actual date of my baby's birth. I am not sure if the period I had on April 2nd was full on period or not. I have had 2 ultrssounds and both of them state that I am in my 13th week now. I guess I need to know if the ultrasound is reliable or not, is it possible to be a month wrong? I feel as though I may have gotton pregnant in March and not April. The last ultrasound I had (june 9th) showed that I was 9 weeks 3 days, making my due date Jan 8th 2006 or there abouts. please tell me your thoughts. thanks

2. Rosieroo

Rosieroo Well-Known Member

I don't think the ultrasound could be a whole month out, sometimes it might differ by a couple of days but not a month. They measure the length of your baby, so obviously at this stage a months difference would make a lot of difference with the baby's size.

3. chocolatestarfish

U/S is pretty reliable when it comes to dates, it is usually accurate to within a few days. Measurements etc are entered into the scanner using a specific equation.