• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Typical!!

Squiglet

Reaction score
Lil miss like most 8 month olds thinks she can walk and pull herself up on things. Having marble floor tiles and a child who only "thinks" she can walk without mummy support... I religiously follow her around to make sure she doesn't bump herself. But my back needs a 5 minute rest every now and then.... So today, I sit lil miss on the floor as my back was killing me from walking her EVERYWHERE... she can sit really well... but call it sod's law, she ended up throwing herself forward today, bashed her face into the floor which was covered by the mat and gives herself a fat lip :wall: :wall: :wall: To make it worse I was sitting right behind her, and she fell not backwards like she usually does but FORWARDS :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: Typical... I've been so diligent in watching her to make sure she is ok, especially as the grandparents are over and I want to make a good impression, that I am actually caring for their great grandchild... and the one time I though she would be OK...she goes and nearly kills herself. Now it looks like I bloody beat the child :roll: I felt so sorry for her, because she really hurt herself too... mind she thought it was great in the end because I wrapped up ice cubes in a clean cloth and popped it in her mouth as her lip was bleeding and swollen... well she's teething and got a cold too so she just melted when I did that, bless her. :lol:

I'm coming to the conclusion that lil miss is either psychic or she reads minds... because she always refuses to go to sleep if I have an important meeting the next day too...

I feel so bad though... Looks like I've just got to be on the ball all the time. :(

Aww poor little girl :(

She certainly does keep you on your toes :D

Awwwww :(

I think she sounds like she is well tuned in to her Mummy's wavelength :D

Hope her lip is better soon.

I think it must be an 8 month milestone, my friends little boy is covered in bumps and bruises and a big scratch where his cat lost patience, and her in laws are coming to stay this week too :roll:

Eva is already getting a bit accident prone, Im thinking I will just stick her in the sling until shes about 12 :D

Hope Lil Miss feels better soon :hug: :hug:

Haha, aw bless her!! children wil be children lol. Dont worry i'm sure nobody will think you gave her a beating.. children always fall over and bump theirselves especially when their trying to stand. :) xx

Bless her :hug: :hug: :hug:

My LO really loves standing (she can do so supporting herself on a chair or something but naturally I hold her just in case as well). She doesn't seem to have any idea how much it would hurt if she was to fall down. Maybe they need to learn the hard way??? Not sure if they do though.

Good luck with her walking adventures and hope she gets better soon :hug:

I no exactly how you feel, ky fell forward the other day onto our hard kitchen floor, he had a nice egg on his forehead as a result of it, which has now turned into a bruise which is a lovely shade of purple/yellow. and hes got his first school portrait piccys at his nursery next tues so i hope it goes! :pray: it was Sods law that i put cushions all around him except in front and thats the way he fell!

Poor little thing! It's horrible when they hurt themselves like that. We have wooden floors so I am always diving to catch her before she hits her head. You think you cover all angles and then they do something unpredictable. This week LO hit both cheeks on a chair in a cafe, first one and then the other :( the fell over in ALdi and put her tooth in her lip inside :( then fell in the garden and hit her ear on the hammock stand and made it bleed. The worse thing is that I was with her, 'helping' her each time!!!

aww bless her. I hope her lip feels better soon.

I never understood the saying "you have to have eyes in the back of your head" until Evie starting to crawl around :roll: :roll: :roll:

She's got so many little bruises from bumps and knocks, especially on her knees from crawling on my mum's hard floors... she used to be so perfect and have flawless skin...now she has bruises :cry: :cry:

Well she looks fine today :D Although she has a wonky smile where its still a bit swollen :roll:

although has got a big line type bump on her head today because she tried to crawl under the coffee table to get the cat and its too low for her...You'd understand this if it was the first time... but shes done this 100s of times now and she still doesn't fit under there... Do they actually learn??? :roll:

:rotfl: don't know when they learn. LO knows most of her body parts now especially HEAD.... because she always tries to stand up under the kitchen table. She gets it now but she has started 'testing' things to see how far she can get without banging her head :roll: you can see her gently banging her head on things before she crawls under them.

Does lil miss do something similar to this....: 'aaaaaah cat, lovely cat, nice cat'..... then suddenly 'sqeeze, push, pull, wack and grab??' No idea why cats like her but they always come back for more and she does abuse them!

newmum said:
Does lil miss do something similar to this....: 'aaaaaah cat, lovely cat, nice cat'..... then suddenly 'sqeeze, push, pull, wack and grab??' No idea why cats like her but they always come back for more and she does abuse them!

Yes :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

we have the same problem with the coffee table. You'd think he would realise he can't fit under it, but no, every time he bumps his head. I'm so glad the pussy cat is patient. Nice, nice, stroke....grab! I'm sure she does it on purpose though, the other day she was sitting on a chair with her tail hanging down.....
Hope lil miss is fine - think we just have to get used to them bashing themselves!

Awww poor thing!! Bless her heart. She's at that age now though where she's going to hurt herself, whether youi're watching her 23 hours and 55 minutes a day or whether you're watching her for an hour a day! :hug: Don't feel bad though Squig, you sound like an amazing Mum. You're so good to your girls, they're extremely lucky to have been born to you as a Mum.

Hope her lip gets better soon :hug: xx

I have also had this exact experience recently - LO has twice bumped the front of her head, while forgetting she can sit up and both times on that horrible school style carpet - so huge bumps!

I am dreading what she will be like when she can move!

Aww bless her! :lol:

Madame is pulling herself up onto everything now but she gets up - has - a wobble - steddies herself - then thinks shes fine and lets go to stand on her own and falls to the floor :roll: :lol:

Awww Squig! You're probably feeling worse than Lil Miss is about the incident!

Mhairi has already thrown herself off a bed (while at her Gran's, so my guilt wasn't too bad for that one!) and her favorite at the moment is to stand up at the stair-gate, but miss with one hand and fall through the stair-gate with her face being the only available bumper!

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back