Two questions?!?! Formula & Baby Sick...

Pudds86

Reaction score
:) Lovely topic!

Put Campbell down to bed after his bottle and he settled himself straight away. I knew it was too good to be true because he has just woken himself up by being sick. Looks to me like he has brought up his whole feed. What would you girls do in this situation? Try and settle him or give him another feed?

Also... he is being mixed fed with formula and breast milk. I have started him on Cow and Gate and he seems to take it really well. Thing is he sometimes doesnt go very long between feeds but wont take more than 3 oz. Cow and Gate do a #2 formula which is 'for hungier babies' and it says from Newborn. Has anyone used this from such an early age and how did you find it? Can I use it whilst still using the #1 formula just for one or two feeds a day!?

xx

If it were me i wouldnt offer another feed for a good hour or so after being sick, and only then i would offer like 1oz at a time and have short breaks inbetween to try and avoid a repeat performance.

With the milk, i dont think you can use 2 different types of formula, im not sure though. He's still very much a newborn so the frequent feeding is pretty normal, especially whilst feeding on demand. Tbh id ride it out for a few weeks and see if he settles himself into some kind of routine/pattern before considering giving the "hungry baby" formula

HTH :)

Agreed, if alanna brings up a whole feed doctor told me just to settle her and try a smaller feed later, leave her for a while to see if it stays down, then if it does let her have a full feed

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back