Two jobs going back to the one after 4 months will I still mat pay from other job?

Kerry1985

Reaction score
Need some help this is my first week on maternity I have two jobs. I'm planning to go back to work with my one job in March. I just thought that my maternity pay for my other job would carry on as they are to different jobs. But not sure it will carry on now by looking at the internet. Could someone help me out with this? :)

I think you will find it won't carry on. If you are working in any job you can't claim maternity at the same time.

Thanks this is what I was thinking now looking into it. I just thought It would as different job x

Actually, yes, you can.

Provided you worked for the second employer, who is not paying you SMP for 15 weeks or more prior to childbirth, you can return without your SMP from your other employer being affected. I am assuming the job you are returning to does not pay you any SMP.

You can find out more here: http://maternityaction.org.uk/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderfiles/morethanonejob.pdf

The 'SMP stops' rule primarily applied when you start a new job, that you were not doing previously, during maternity leave.

You can always ring maternity action for more advice.

Xx

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back