Tummy trouble?

Warley

Reaction score
Hiya!

How do you know if they have a tummy upset? Tom has had awful wind and lots of runny yellow poo! Am paranoid that he is going to get ill through being bottle fed now!

X

Hi,
Wanted tô reply to your other thread too - similar experience. Will do that this afternoon. bit hectic this morning.

Just wanted to ask what formula you are using. I only know about Aptamil but if you are using that, then baby should have nappies similar to breastfeeding ones. Yellow and runny.

Hi Newmum

I didn't really look into the formula thing, just sent OH off in direction of supermarket whilst in a moment of desperation! He came back with SMA gold, but after reading more I think I will be choosing Aptimil in future.

His poo is yellow and runny so that has put my mind at rest - also spoke to MW and she says his explosive boffs are ok too! :cheer:

X

Hi,
I didn't find Aptamil under LO was 3 months old and I really wish that I had put her on it from the beginning. For her it is really good and I haven't had any problems. I gave it two weeks after changing for her system to settle down and get used to the new milk and by that time everything was back to normal eg. regular nappies, not sick etc. Sometimes they get a bit constipated when you change or are a bit sick but it settles down.

I found the Aptamil helpline on the website really good. When I wasn't sure about something I just emailed them and they replied the same or the next day with advice. Nice.

I really hope things settle down for you now. I had a really hard first 2 - 3 months and really wondered why I had wanted to have a baby. It was so so hard. But now she is nearly 6 months and I am really enjoying it. I have realised that it is really important to get a good start and to enjoy your LO otherwise it can really make a negative experience. I can see it in myself. When people talk about having another baby my reaction is always :shock: :shock: :shock: because it was so hard. But my friend had a really good start and she is already thinking about having number 2. If I could go back to when my LO was as old as yours I think I would focus on doing what ever I could to make things easier and happier. I wish I had started to formula feed earlier because it would have taken a great deal of stress out of the early days when I was so ill. But on the other hand I am glad that I could at least feed her for a while.
Anyway, sorry it is long,
:hug:

his poo will settle down at 2 - 3 weeks , i posted a post the exact same lol

runny yellow poo (with little seeds in!) sounds like normal newborn baby poo to me!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back