Tummy time

mermaid

Reaction score
When is a good time to let baby have tummy time? Should they be able to support heads first, or is the idea to build strength in their neck to help them hold their heads up? :think:

I think i started lettin keeley have some tummy time from about 3 months :think: :think: :think:

But keeley had been holdin her own head for a while but if he doesn't like it he will soon tell you hun :lol:

Keeley hates being on her front :?

I just found something on the net and it looks like I should have been doing this for a while already? :shock: I didn't realise that is was so important for development of motor skills!

Olivia hated it a 3 months, but doesnt mind so much now, lol shes only on it for about 5 mins maybe not even that long.

:lol:

Am i right in thinking this is when you lie them on their stomach and let them kick about for a bit?

If so, emily has been doing this since about the first week, i always keep an eye on her though. She loves being on her tummy!
She holds her own head up alot of the time now and can turn it from side to side when on her stomach.

Braydon refused ne sort of tummy time till he could roll and then he only did it wen he wanted to stubborn lil sole my son is

Jam had tummy time from about a month old lol :oops:
he could hold his head really well, obviously i didnt leave him for ages but he had about 5minutes a day and loved it, he liked to sleep on his front too!

I have only been putting Jake on his tummy for the last few weeks as he never really used to like it. He doesn't mind now that he is a bit more mobile but he would rather lay on his back. I would try Finley but if he doesn't like it just leave it for a couple of weeks and try again.

Tummy time is very important for their development. If they hate it, do just one minute at a time, when they are happier do it for a bit longer. It is also really important as it helps to prevent flat head syndrome. :D

Hiya

i was just told yesterday by a OT that we should be putting Conal on his belly to help develop his back and neck muscles she reakons that for half an hour a day that we should put him on his belly and them pick him up when he whinges and then do it again even if it's only for 5 seconds each time and yuo only do it twice it all helps.

Must admit Willow never liked it on her belly so didn't do it for her and it never did her any harm.

Heather

Thea has had tummy time from a week old because thats what our doctor told us. We started at just a few minutes at a time. Now she can roll anyway she wants or sit up but she puts herself on a stomach to wiggle about the floor lol.

madison has tummy time all the time she loves bein on her belly :dance:

alice hated being on the floor so i used to lie on my back, and put her on her tummy on my front. she used to prefer that for some reason?

Fin has got a flat head on one side but as he gets stronger it is improving as he moves his head around more, so hopefully tummy time will also help to sort it out.

I read somewhere you do it very early on tohelp them develop the neck muscles. Eefie hates it so has tummy time when he's lying on me and I lean back

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back