Tummy Time ??? HELP

Fiona

Reaction score
I am really worried as I just can't get Grace to stay on her tummy. Ever since she has been born I have tried her on her tummy but she hates it.
Now I am worried that it might affect her development ???

When I put her on her tummy she can hold her head up well and has a look around for a minute or 2 then starts crying to be turned back onto her back. She doesn't mind being on her side and we put her like that often but just hates the tummy. I have tried lying down with her, using toys to distract her, massaging her etc etc but to no avail. I can't see that she will ever learn how to crawl..........

Any ideas ??? Or should I just not push the issue and let her be ???

try laying down with her and looking at her from her level. Lay on your tummy too

ifshe odesn't like it then leave it. loads of babies hate laying their backs/tummies - she will not suffer - she will soon get used to it. don;t worry.

emma was the same and i was worrie dto but the HV said keep trying, she still doesnt like it on her tummy but now she can just roll off it, try not to worry too much hun :hug:

Rowan HATED and I mean HATED being on his tummy. We NEVER had tummy time as he'd just get really upset. To be honest I never let it worry me and he's perfectly fine. I wouldn't worry about it, she'll do it when she's ready

Austin doesn't like being on his tummy. He used to be like Grace - fine for 2 mins then shouting & wanting to be turned over. He's just learned to roll from front to back so won't stay on his tummy for 30 seconds now!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back