Need help please :(

Momma`Kat

Reaction score
Alanna has a nasty tummy bug, Last weekend was when it started, she lost her appetite, explosive diareah, throwing up p retty much everything. Shes a bit better this weekend, her appetite has come back a little, but she is still having diareaah, and is vomiting, It only seems to happen either at night, or early morning, (yay for changing sheetes constantly >:wall2:)

She is eager for her breakfast, and can keep that in her.. But lunch comes out again just after bedtime, and she refuses dinner..

She is drinking water/juice fine, but isnt peeing much.

I spoke to her nurse who said its just a bug and to let it run through.. but its been a week!

Can anyone help with ideas for food i can give her that will be gentle on her tummy? My dad said to try starving her for a day, with just liquids to give her tummy a break, any ideas on that?

sorry to hear Alanna's been poorly, poor pet. don;t have too much experience with this but didn;t want to read and run. I thin kdry stuff like toast and rice are good. stay off fruit and dairy for a bit (apart from her milk). what about ice lollies and things like that? I know they have fruit in but very diluted, the sugar could help too.

hope she feels better soon x

if she's drinking loads but not peeing much I'd take her to see gp as she may need meds.

Have had recurrent kidney/bladder infections my whole life and (not saying that's what she has) but the symptoms for me are very similar to what you described.

I'd just take her for reassurance if nothing else.

Hope she's feeling better soon xx

maria - Shes not drinking any more than normal, so not "loads", i just mean her lack of appetite hasnt affected her drinking.

Like I said the peadiatric nurse has said to just let it run through, so just need ideas for managing till its gone, what to feed her, should i starve her etc.

Not sure what to suggest MK. If you didn't want to starve her then maybe offer food that is easy to digest I guess would be better. I know she needs milk, but try to limit dairy intake. So plain toast or crackers. Something that will give her energy to fight it, but won't make her body work too hard to digest. Cut back on fruit as too much acid etc.

Thanks Maria , Rice cake and water for lunch today, toast for breakfast with a lil honey to keep her energy up. It sucks :( Shes lost weight and is just whingy and tired all day

Hope she's feeling better soon. So hard when they are so young and can't tell you what's wrong n how they're feeling etc xx

She got better for a couple days, then back to the same, went to doctor and he said just try another day starving her, which weve done, he wants a stool sample, but now she wont poo hahaha

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back