• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

TTC Ticker help? - confuzzled...

munchkin1982

Reaction score
Hey girlies. As title says really. Am a little confuzzled with the old ticker for TTC.

AF arrived 23rd of May, so as ticker says, I am in the 9th day of my cycle etc etc. Do I just leave it as it is? I finished AF yesterday so do I need to do anything at all to the ticker? Have I really got to wait another 5 days til ovulation? LOL. And what does "extra fertile" period really mean?

Sorry for all the questions. First time I've tried "planning" a pregnancy "properly" so to speak with all the official dates etc.

Many thanks xxx

Last edited:
If you have a 28 day cycle, then it is assuming you will ovulate on cd 14 to give you the average luteal phase of 14 left.

How long you bleed for doesn't really matter as long as you have the correct start date and cycle length :)

Your extra fertile period will simply refer to the days when you will have the best chance of conceiving but i would beware of using the ticker as a guideline to base your ttc effort upon.

As i mentioned, they are based on averages so that could potentially mean that half the population ovulate on cd 10 and the other half ovulate on cd 18 and no one actually ovulates on cd 14 :oooo:

I'd really suggest that for this cycle you have sex every other day from now as long as you can manage and then next cycle you get some OPKs just for the one cycle if you want so that you will know what cd you actually OV :)

Oh wow, it's quite mathematical huh??? Well, we :bd: last night... you never know what'll happen later lol, but according to ticker... I should :bd: tomorrow (today now cos of time lol)?

OH won't know what's hit him this week haha!

Good idea about OPKs for next month... although, if I am lucky enough to catch this month will it still tell me?

I'm a "virgin" with all these tests haha ;-) xx

Last edited:
You don't have to do anything with the ticker hun it gives you a daily update based on your cycle length and your af date which you would of given when initally set up. The only time it would be updated is when you get that BFP. In that case you be changing over to my pregnancy ticker. I think thats how it works xx

Make an ovulation ticker

thank you faithangle... the only reason I asked I think was because I changed dates on it and everything when my AF came just over a week late... wasn't sure if I had to make any more changes at all now that it had stopped etc. xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
qwertyuiop33
Back