TTC - symptoms at 2dpo, is this even possible?!?

leanarachel

Reaction score
Hi ladies,

I know there's loads of people asking these kinds of questions in the TWW lol, but after reading loads of accounts from others, I wondered what people think to my own. Here's my story...

My partner and I came off the pill in mid August, and since then I have had regular periods, and the dates of my last 3 LMPS are as follows: 1st September 2011, 1st October 2011, and 28th October 2011. So my periods are regular bar a couple of days, giving me a 28-30 day cycle.

So now I'm coming up to cycle 4, and we decided to use some OPKs, and I had a positive LH surge at 5pm on 11th November 2011 on CD10, and another positive in the morning on the 12th November, and again in the afternoon. By CD 12, the OPKs were negative. So i know I definitely ovulated, yay! We BD on Friday night, and Saturday morning, and also the days leading up to O.

So.... assuming everything is normal then surely I've calculated right that we BD over our entire fertile period, yes?!

The only thing is... I felt ever so weird on CD11 (a few hours after all the BD!), we were out for dinner with friends and I got this really strange feeling, I got very hot all of sudden, and got that horrible fuzzy feeling like when you're just about to faint, all the noise in the restaurant became muffled and I could really feel my heart thudding in my head, is this my blood pressure dropping suddenly?

I am also very tired, like so sleepy and fuzzy I am struggling to hold it together lol!!

I've also got very very VERY sore nipples, not my boobs, just the actual teats! They sting and are very erect (sorry if TMI, it is cold this time of year!) - and according to my OPKs I am only 2 dpo, is this too early for pregnancy symptoms, or am I imagining it?!

Any comments greatly appreciated, I will keep you updated, baby dust to all! thanks xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

It could well be your imagination, it could be that you want it so bad that you're making yourself feel these things, or it could be intuition telling you you're pregnant. I don't imagine that anything like that would happen a few hours after bd, so it could mean that you already conceived beforehand as you said you bd all the way up to ov, there might have been some swimmers waiting in the tubes for the eggy to be released!

Now I have to stress - scientifically it is probably IMPOSSIBLE for you to be getting symptoms this early, as you already know I'm sure!
However - last year I had a chemical pregnancy in April, and I swear to god I knew from the day after conception. I just knew! We weren't even ttc, which is the weird thing, so nothing to separate it from every other month. Instinctively I stopped drinking, going near the litter tray, taking other medication, I just knew! Sadly I lost it at 4.5 weeks.
It's not medically possibly to know that early on, this much I know, and cannot stress that enough!
But something tells me women's intuition is strong ;)

Last edited:
hi,
not sure about this one - i have two children already and with my first pregnancy i was convinced 2 DPO that i was pregnant as my bbs were soooo sore (i don't usually get sore bbs!). However with my second i had NO symptoms and did not know till i was 14 weeks!
good luck, clara x

It could well be your imagination, it could be that you want it so bad that you're making yourself feel these things, or it could be intuition telling you you're pregnant. I don't imagine that anything like that would happen a few hours after bd, so it could mean that you already conceived beforehand as you said you bd all the way up to ov, there might have been some swimmers waiting in the tubes for the eggy to be released!

Now I have to stress - scientifically it is probably IMPOSSIBLE for you to be getting symptoms this early, as you already know I'm sure!
However - last year I had a chemical pregnancy in April, and I swear to god I knew from the day after conception. I just knew! We weren't even ttc, which is the weird thing, so nothing to separate it from every other month. Instinctively I stopped drinking, going near the litter tray, taking other medication, I just knew! Sadly I lost it at 4.5 weeks.
It's not medically possibly to know that early on, this much I know, and cannot stress that enough!
But something tells me women's intuition is strong ;)

Its true, a big part of me knew all the way through my last pregnancy that i would not be having a baby at the end of it... when i look back on conversations i had with people and things i said... well its bizarre!

Hey ladies, thanks so much for all your input, makes me feel more sane! Leesey I'm so sorry to hear about your lost one, big hugs to you :)

I know it's way too early, but I'm trying to monitor our fertility, as I already have a 3 year old (from my previous relationship) and so I think I know I'm ok, just my other half!

There's no reason why we shouldn't be able to conceive naturally, we're both young and pretty healthy... I just hope we don't have any problems, this suspense is killing me!!

Anyone else on the same pattern as me who wants to compare and share??

I will keep updating!

lots of love and BD to everyone xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hey ladies, thanks so much for all your input, makes me feel more sane! Leesey I'm so sorry to hear about your lost one, big hugs to you :)

I know it's way too early, but I'm trying to monitor our fertility, as I already have a 3 year old (from my previous relationship) and so I think I know I'm ok, just my other half!

There's no reason why we shouldn't be able to conceive naturally, we're both young and pretty healthy... I just hope we don't have any problems, this suspense is killing me!!

Anyone else on the same pattern as me who wants to compare and share??

I will keep updating!

lots of love and BD to everyone xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thanks for the hugs, unfortunately it was the first of many, I've since had another chemical and two miscarriages.

I *might* be roundabout the same pattern as you for this cycle, but it's been out of whack since my mc last month. I normally ovulate on CD18 (yesterday) but possibly only got my surge yesterday. I also appeared to have a surge last week. Right now I could be anything from 9DPO to yet to ovulate. Very bizarre!!

I'm just sticking to the assumption that I ovulated on my usual day, and will just bear in mind I might not be testing accurately this month.

Best of luck and lots of babydust to you! xx

Hi all :)

Oh Leesey that's terrible, I am ever so sorry to hear that. I don't have much experience with anything like that I'm afraid, and I don't know what to say! If you ever want to chat or anything just let me know :) while I can't understand what you may be going through, I CAN understand it must be very difficult. Right at this point in my life, we're going through the motions of all our nearest and dearest tie the knots and buy their first houses etc, but no one yet has had children apart from myself and my partner... I have one friend-couple who are currently undergoing IVF as Mr had leukaemia when he was 16 (12 years ago) and the chemo rendered his sperm 'nuked' for want of a better word, and so he had his sperm frozen at the time, and now him and his lovely partner are having treatment to artificially inseminate! I just have all my fingers and toes crossed for them, as they are fantastic lovely people who work hard, they bought their houses and doing well career-wise, they're married and so clearly in love, they justy totally deserve it. I hope the same for you Leesey - good things come to those who wait (impatiently, maybe!!), so I'm sure that in due course whatever will happen will happen - you just have to hang in there and try to stay positive even though I appreciate that must be soooooo hard. There is a lot to be said for a PMA - my Dad's been banging on about being positive in the face of adversity since I was 0!!

That's very odd about your cycle! Have you spoken to your GP at all?

I'm still bloated and have heavy full boobs but apart from that the fuzziness has gone, hurrah, work here I come!!

come us posted ladies and thanks again xxxxxxxxxxxxx

p.s. I forgot to say - my ovulation/BDing calendar is like this:

11/11/2011 - 7am negative OPK
11/11/2011 - 5pm positive OPK
11/11/2011 - 12 am - bedroom dancing LOL

12/11/2011- 8 am positive OPK
12/11/2011 - 12 noon bedroom dancing
12/11/2011 - 4 pm positive OPK

13/11/2011 - 12 noon - negative OPK

does anyone thinks this looks good or what?! all being well of course! xxxxxxxx

hey leana

ive had really sore nips too since ovulation...constantly erect sorry tmi!!
altho not charting ov so from when ive guessed ov would be!
im testing thurs or fri!!!!
ive also had woozy moments of feeling queasy and dizzy!
ill let you know how i get on! xx

Hiya. The chart below shows the most common very early signs and symptoms experienced on 2 days past ovulation (pregnant vs non-pregnant women) :) x

chart-dpo-2-111025.png

oooo exciting ive had all those symptoms on and off except tender bb!
ooo i can feel my hopes going up as we speak!
ha ha oh dear!
once againa battle between heart and head which will be right i wonder?!!
xx

Hello! I'm 2 dpo and have a really sore right boob (sorry, if tmi). Know I'm over analysing everything just now but I'm hopeful :) xxxx

Morning ladies,

Just thought I would pop back and report - last night I had an awful headache so I went to bed thinking I could sleep it off, but NO, it woke me up absolutely thumping at 3am.

This morning I woke up with a bugned up/stuffy nose cold, still got my headache but it is going slightly... and I had a very vivid dream last night, and I NEVER get dreams...

I dreamt Joe Hart wanted to marry me!! LMAO! and the worst thing was it felt really real, I woke up feeling like I'd cheated on my lovely boyfriend!! HA!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

hahahah when you get pregnant you wait for the dreams! I used to have full on 'having sex with a stranger' dreams!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back