ttc, late period, and neg PT

stephbarker85

Reaction score
hiya, my name's steph i am 23 and me n my husband have been ttc for 3 years. We are currently on the IVF waiting list as my husband has an extremely low sperm count. I was due my period on the 14th feb and i am now 9 days late. We have done a pregnancy test but it was negative. I have no signs that i am coming on i.e. tender breasts, period pains etc. I have read lots of articles on reasons for a late period but non of them seem to match my situation. My husband is going in hospital for his operation this friday to extract the sperm for IVF. I am really confused as i have never been this late before and i was really getting my hopes up before the preg tests comes bk negative. I dont want to consult my doctor because we are going through ivf and i dont want this to slow the process down. please help???????????

hiya, my name's steph i am 23 and me n my husband have been ttc for 3 years. We are currently on the IVF waiting list as my husband has an extremely low sperm count. I was due my period on the 14th feb and i am now 9 days late. We have done a pregnancy test but it was negative. I have no signs that i am coming on i.e. tender breasts, period pains etc. I have read lots of articles on reasons for a late period but non of them seem to match my situation. My husband is going in hospital for his operation this friday to extract the sperm for IVF. I am really confused as i have never been this late before and i was really getting my hopes up before the preg tests comes bk negative. I dont want to consult my doctor because we are going through ivf and i dont want this to slow the process down. please help???????????

Hiya Steph :wave:

Im having the same problem myself at the moment - 5 days late and neg tests is enough to drive a woman mad! what type of test are you using??? might be your either very stressed honey or the tests you are using are not sensitive enough. Ive ordered today some 10miu tests from ebay. There supposed to be the ones doctors use.
Why not go to your doctor and ask for a blood test so you know? :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Its very frustrating i know!

Can you get the fertility clinic to give you a blood test to check for pg?

i would ask for a blood test to be sure either way - it shouldn't slow down the process of ivf for you :hug:

i feel very sorry for you! 3 years is a long time.. blood test sounds like the best option i wouldnt think that they would stop your husband going ahead anyway

hope it all works out for you

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back