TTC and UTI?

Alicebabe

Reaction score
Hi all, I'm new to the forum

I'm Alice, my partner is Matthew. We are both 26 and been together over 3 years. I'm a 3rd year student nurse and will hopefully qualify in September.

I've never been pregnant but never tried before, been on the pill for 10 years! Came off 2 months ago and still not pregnant (I know its early days!) Bought an Ovutel fertility monitor but never seen anything that looks like a fertile period. Been working out ovulation by dates instead.

Anyhow, my question is - after we started trying, I got a UTI. My doc told me it was because I wasn't going to the loo after sex. Now call me stupid please, but doesn't gravity kind of stop you getting pregnant if you sit on the loo after sex? I don't want to get another UTI but I'm more keen on the idea of putting my legs in the air for half an hour. LOL!

Sorry to be graphic! Can anyone offer me advice on this please?

Alice x :pray:

Hi Alice, and welcome to the forum :D

I'm not sure what your doctor was on about, but I do agree with you that the upstream swim isn't going to be aided by a trip to the loo straight afterwards! I've spent many a time wiggling around on my head trying to get them to go in the right direction - who knows if it works ... but all we can do is try! :lol:

He he - its a gruesome subject! :oops: Well, apparently, you are supposed to go to the loo after sex to flush out germs from you urethra. Thats what I always did when I wasn't TTC and as soon as I stopped doing that and started doing some upside down type aerobics with a pillow under my bum (you know what I mean), I got a UTI! Its gone now but I'm worried about the same thing happening.

Good luck everyone x

Hi hun,

Welcome to the forum. Just to let you know I know plenty of women that have been trying for months and never got a UTI and havent gone to the loo after sex. I was trying for 3 months and never ever went for a wee after BD because like most TTC I wanted those spermies to get on up there lol!! I think you were probably just unlucky hun, perhaps try again and see what happens. If it does happen again id explain your dilemma to your GP!

Baby dust to you and OH xxx

Ah thanks

Thats very reassuring. I'll keep doing my upside down, head rushing contortion!

:dance:

Alice x

Hi Alice, I used to suffer from repeat UTI's and the sad thing is that once you get one, you seem to be more prone to repeat attacks.

There's lots you can do apart from wee after sex though. Apart from asking other half to be more (ahem)....gentle :oops: , you can do the usual of wearing cotton undies, noting too tight and wiping front to back.

What eventually cleared it up for me was cranberry juice. it stops the bacteria sticking apparently? I'm on it regularly now to ward off the dreaded pregnancy UTI!!

Good luck with your trying :lol:

Thank you very much for the advice! And many congrats of the pg - good luck with everything xx

Hi Alice,

I was on the pill too for 10 years. It took me 3 months to conceive and I have heard that you are more fertile when you come of the pill. Not sure if that is true but wishful thinking! I swear by OPK's to find out when I am ovulating. I used them for the first month last month and got pregnant. Give it a go!! I also kept my hips raised for 20 mins after BD, it looks silly but all for a good cause!

Good luck!

Lyns

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back