TTC after C Section

x Naomi x

Reaction score
I am being given conflicting advice depending on who i ask, one doctor said wait a year, another said wait 2 years and then lastly i was told to wait 3 periods and i would be fine :shock:

Now i want a 2 year gap between my children so would be around dec 2009 when i would start trying and probably come off the pill September 2009, baring in mind it took 11 months we fell with Macey after losing two i know it might not happen straight away

Just wondered how long other mums who had C sections had been advised to wait?

I've had such conflicting advice too, it's so annoying isn't it? :wall:

I've asked my doctor if I can start TTC when LO is 6-8 months old, she didn't say no, was quite positive and was going to give me an answer once she'd looked into the evidence, when I see her next week.

I do wonder why all these different people give out what seems to be random numbers! The least time I was given was 18 months inbetween births i.e. get pregnant when last baby is 9 months old, and the most time was to wait 2 years before even TTC. I know someone who got pregnant when their LO was 4 months. So don't think there is a straightforward answer!

I was told not to get pregnant for one year from when my DS was born. MW and HV both told me that on different occasions.

I was told a year but there are loads of people who get pregnant way before that. I've heard that after a few weeks your scar is as healed as it will ever be. I think they say it to cover their backs, it's down to you when you ttc again. We started trying once ds was 2 and fell in the second month of trying, I had a VBAC as well and there was never any question of another c section but if you ttc soon after your last section I think they'll opt you for a planned c section.

hi I was pregnant 9 months after a c section and went on to have a normal birth and everything was fine x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back