Trouble sleeping...

ruthiestar

Reaction score
Hey all... I am almost 10 weeks pregnant and having real bad trouble sleeping! Usually I sleep right through, but the past week or so I am wide awake in the middle of the night, which is highly annoying when I have work at 7.30 in the morning!

Does anyone else have these problems? Also constant headaches xxx

Hmmm i slept so easy when i was that far well i found out i was gonna be a mummy when i was 2months gone but you should not be having any trouble not yet anyway but everyone is diffrent try sleeping on your side x

Could be worrying too much maybe.. have been worrying more after lilly allens 6 month miscarriage, very upsetting! Could be contributing to my anxiety. Will try lying on my side tho lol x

I know i was sad to hear that didnt even know she was expecting just dont let things get to you hun x

Hi I had this in the frist 12 weeks as well I would wake up 2:30/3am and be wide awake and then constantly knackered during the day I found it eased off at about 14/15 weeks, Im 26 weeks now and I am finally sleeping loads! although not sure how long that wil last!

Oh Hopeful and I have a thread about this somewhere lol You are deffinately not alone hun! I have been waking up between 3:30am and 4:30am for weeks now and just can't get back to sleep. I am absolutely knackered and come 2pm at work I am falling asleep!

You are not alone! x

Sleeping can definitely be a pain this early on. D: While I don't have the exactly same issues as you, I wasn't able to sleep well starting from about 3 weeks to about a week ago. Knock on wood that I continue to be able to sleep for awhile longer!

Up until last night i wouldn't have been able to comment on this but after the worst, restless night ever i can totally understand and sympathise. I hope it doesn't keep happening, was amost like i felt fed up of sleep... but im reallly not! Weird xxx

Hi Hun, you're definitely not alone- as Miss said above there's been another thread on this recently and there were loads agreeing on having awful sleeping patterns early on. I haven't been sleeping well for the last 4 weeks and am constantly knackered. I've just been going to bed earlier- I still wake up loads but helps a little. x

have you mandged to get a sleep yet hun x
Yes thanks, sleeping patterns much better this week! Although i am nervous about the nuchal scan next week so has been worrying me a little x thanks for asking :)

i was like this in trim 1, it was horrible... then as i entered trim 2, i found i was sleeping much better, but now that im in trim 3 and nearly 30 weeks, i cant get a wink!! either im too uncomfortable and achy or i need the wee every half hour and once im awake i really struggle to get back off again!!

like you though, i've found that if i have stuff on my mind then it makes it worst and there be very little sleep... It may sound really silly but if im led in bed thinking of tons of stuff and cant drift off, i keep a note book by my bed and i jot everything down which is on my mind and then it seems like i dont have to worry about it and i can then actually get some sleep!! works for me anyway!! lol

Try having a relaxing bath before bed, get snuggled up in your pj's and prehaps try reading a book or just chilling out infront of the tv to help you unwind.. As you get bigger i've found that placing pillows around your belly can help support it and offer a better nights sleep. goodluck!

laura xx

i was like this in trim 1, it was horrible... then as i entered trim 2, i found i was sleeping much better, but now that im in trim 3 and nearly 30 weeks, i cant get a wink!! either im too uncomfortable and achy or i need the wee every half hour and once im awake i really struggle to get back off again!!

like you though, i've found that if i have stuff on my mind then it makes it worst and there be very little sleep... It may sound really silly but if im led in bed thinking of tons of stuff and cant drift off, i keep a note book by my bed and i jot everything down which is on my mind and then it seems like i dont have to worry about it and i can then actually get some sleep!! works for me anyway!! lol

Try having a relaxing bath before bed, get snuggled up in your pj's and prehaps try reading a book or just chilling out infront of the tv to help you unwind.. As you get bigger i've found that placing pillows around your belly can help support it and offer a better nights sleep. goodluck!

laura xx
I shall try the bath before bedtime, and that old chestnut a hot drink! Have stopped drinking caffiene ( limited to one cup in the mornings now) so can't be that....

I'll also try the pillow thing! I made the mistake of eating a cheese and onion sandwich before bed last night and was dreaming all bloody night! lol Never again xx Thanks for advice :)

Last edited:
Hiya, I got a pregnancy pillow a couple of weeks ago and it's really helping me be more comfortable in bed. I have been sleeping much better since. Also, I had the headaches but they went away at about 12 weeks. Hope you're getting more sleep now, but the pillow link is below in case you're interested. X

http://www.johnlewis.com/230519017/Product.aspx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back