Triple Test results

pie&twink

Reaction score
Hi Girlies :wave:

I've had my Triple Test results back but, as usual nothing has been explained to me, it says 1:2000 on my letter. Can't remember what my daughters results were?!

Is this ok ? :think: I'm sure it is but you always have the doubt in your mind & I just need reassurance.

I don't see midwife again til 20th June so just need peace of mind before then really.

Thanks

I'm sorry I don't have any advice but didn't like to read and run so heres some big hugs instead! :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

I think if there was any reason to be concerned then they would be asking you to make a follow up appointment.

I'm no expert but the way I understand it is that you have a 1 in 2000 chance which I think is low risk, but I'm sure there are other girls here who can explain better.

One thing though, if you are concerned or just want someone to talk through your results with you then ring your midwife and explain I'm sure she'll be more than happy to chat to you to help put your mind at ease.

The consultant told me I was low risk (I didn't have the test, just in general, age etc terms) and mine was something like 1:1500 so I think 1:2000 is fine :D

1 in 2000 is a good result Honey, just means 1 birth out of 2000 will result in a child with downs syndrome/spina bifida.

I got my letter yesterday and it says:
"I am sure you will be pleased to hear that your recent maternal screening test has shown that your baby is not at high risk for Down Syndrome or Spina Bifida." It then goes on to say "The results show that your chance of having a baby with Down Syndrome is: 1 in 715"

If mine is 1 in 715 then yours is almost 3 times as good as mine. If you were at high risk then you would have more likely got a phone call from the midwife instead. That's what they told me would happen.

Congratulations Honey,
Sarah xxx

pie&twink said:

I've had my Triple Test results back but, as usual nothing has been explained to me, it says 1:2000 on my letter. Can't remember what my daughters results were?!

Is this ok ? :think: I'm sure it is but you always have the doubt in your mind & I just need reassurance.

I don't see midwife again til 20th June so just need peace of mind before then really.

Thanks

thats a really good result..

just also noticed your only a day ahead of me, my 20week scan is on 17th june, i'm also seing midwife on 20th june.. how wierd lol xx

It is a good result. My letter said 1:50000 and also said screening result negative. So yours should say that as well! 1:2000 is still really good so you've got nothing to worry about! ;-) :hug: x

i was told that if it was a high risk result you would get a phone call if its low risk you would get the letter in the post.

Thanks for all your help/input girls.

I rang the midwife & she said that it was a Low Risk Result & nothing to worry about. :cheer:

Thanks again :D

charlotteheys85 said:
pie&twink said:

Thanks

just also noticed your only a day ahead of me, my 20week scan is on 17th june, i'm also seing midwife on 20th june.. how wierd lol xx

Hi there,

What a coinsidence!! I'm due on 2nd November.

How has your pregnancy been so far?

Willyou be finding out the sex?

pie&twink said:
charlotteheys85 said:
[quote="pie&twink":36ia5brs]Hi Girlies :wave:

Thanks

my EDD is 3rd November hehe :)

aslong as junior doesnt have his/her legs crossed then hopefully yeh :)

so excited.. only 4more sleeps until your scan :) xxx

Hi there,

What a coinsidence!! I'm due on 2nd November.

How has your pregnancy been so far?

Willyou be finding out the sex?[/quote:36ia5brs]

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back