Treating migraine in T1 - so ill please help!

Sunnyb

Reaction score
I started with migraine yesterday. I thought I may have been dehydrated as I'd not been hungry or thirsty so had not eaten or drunk anything as I felt so queasy. My husband made me tea last night as he said it would kill or cure me & he made me drink 2 glasses of water as he also thought the headache was due to lack of food & drink. Well it killed me & I've still got headache & I was sooooo sick last night. I now feel totally drained, can't stomach the thought of food & am also struggling to drink. I've taken some paracetomol as a last resort, but it's not having any effect at all! Has anyone else suffered & can anyone suggest something I might be able to eat or drink? I feel so weak & tired that I could just cry!
Not good :0(

Sunnyb xxx

Ive suffered bad migraines and Im still getting them now and im 15 and half weeks now. I know you can take paracetamol but it just doesnt even take the edge off of it and when I get them its awful and lasts for a week at a time. Ive only had them since being pregnant. All the advice I can give is just sleep and drink when you can. Dont guzzle loads of water down, just sitting drinking through 2 glasses of water is bound to make you feel worse. You just need to sip them. Also fill a pint glass full of ice and then water added to it. I found freezing cold water is alot better. So dont go drinking pints after pints, take it slow...
As for eating, I kept having toast with tiny bit of butter. Get you OH to bring it in bed to you. They say eating before you get up is best. Also, try ginger. Tastes foul but is good. You can buy ginger turkish delight. You can also go to Boots or any health store and get travel bands which help with travel sickness. Apparently they are brilliant but by the time I discovered them my sickness had gone. Many women swear by them!

Good luck hun. Just sleep, slowly drink and small sips and eat small amounts of food thats not heavy :)

xxxx

Thank you, thank you, thank you. I have managed to have some toast & a ginger biscuit. I have also been advised by the midwife that small ice lollies are good - again eaten slowly. My hubby went out & bought the short lollies like you used to get for 2p at the newsagents. I had a strawberry one & then a bit later a cola one - really lovely & found it soothed my sore throat after being sick so many times!
Just got up to get another drink & hopefully a good nights sleep will help me.

Sunnyb xxx

try to lay on the back, with the light turned off, put a scarf on your forehead, sit in silence.
it helped me

I swear by 4head stick...I never used it til I was pg (had always relied on paracetamol/ibuprofen combo) anyway I had a really bad migraine and went to boots begging for somethin to take it away,my next stop would have been out of hours gp cos it was that bad,anyway the pharmacist recommended the 4gead stick,I was a bit sceptical and £5 seemed expensive but it's amazing... It doesn't take the pain completely away but distracts ur mind from it and I find it really soothing. I use it now whenever I'm stressed...def worth a try xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back