travelling to australia...

pink lady

Reaction score
hello ladies,
i was wondering if anyone had any advice or tips to share about travelling to australia with a little one? my son is 8 months old, crawling very well and into everything! i have booked a crib/basinnette thing on the plane so that is one thign i don't have to worry about. He sleeps very well in the night, not much waking him...

A friend who doesn't have any children though is a nanny recommended that i use Dose-all to help if he gets restless or overtired, has nayone heard of this before or ever used it?

I have two bags to tak eonboard with me, which are roomy and i have a list of what i thkn will be essentials, but if anyone has any top tips what to take i would be most grateful.

Kurtis has travelled to tenerife before and was ok, bit hacked off by the time we got there, but that was in march an di had absolutely no room wedged in between to other people!

I am travelling alone, so that is daunting too!

Thanks

Pink Lady

P.S i am going for 11 weeks to Darwin, in case you wanted to know!x

ohh that so fun he is 8 months and crawling? wen is his bday? my braydon is 8 months and refuses to crawl
i have no advice hun soz but i hope u have a great time

Wow weee... Whats/Who's in Darwin? That's well up north right? I knew one guy from there and put it this way... he wasn't a diplomat for Darwin! So now I think of Darwinians, are oddballs...

I hope you have a great time. I'm sure your little one will be just great all the way!
ps... my best friends travels all over the world with her 2 little ones - she uses mediced to chill them a bit. :wink:

Good luck
EMilia xx

just a thought hun but manda has not long travelled over from australia with a baby of similar age might be worth asking her for some tips xxxx

I don't have any advice re travelling but spent a month in Darwin. It is a bit of colourful place (must be the heat) but its great. Go to Kakadu (beautiful), the jumping crocs cruise is great and there is the possum tree in the town centre (the possums are so cute and love apple). Have a great time xx

hi everyone
i thought no-one had replied to my messgae and was really gutted! i used to get e-mals to tell me when i had a reply, must not work anymore. Needless to say you do still care!

Kurtis is standing on his own now, holding onto something of course! He has been crawling for about 4 weeks now, his birthday is 20/10/05. Everyone assures me he will walk in australia! great fun!

I can't wai tto go, the flight will be the only scary bit. Going this sunday for 11 weeks. Staying with my big sister and her daughter who is 2. I have just separated form my husband and he is now living in england. I have had to move in with my dad, which is a culture shock let me tell you! i left home when i was 17 to join the royal navy and after 4 years left to start a family.

So i have always had my independance so to be where i am now is a bit of a disappoinment, but me and kurtis are managing really well given the circumstances.

So that is why i am gointo darwin for 3 months, to clear my head and get some space from the bad stuff for a while. thought i would struggle but am def keeping my head well above water, and the main thing is my baby still smiles and laughs with me evey day, which is priceless as you all know!

He sleeps form 6.30pm til 5 every night, though i could kill for one more hour!

Thats enough reambling for now, hope to hear from you before i go!!

take care

love Pink Lady

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back