Travel System/buggy advice

siouxie

Reaction score
Hi all i am 18 weeks pregnant atm and have started looking at travel systems and buggys. Really i would like a travel system with a nice sized basket at the bottom, a cup holder lol and needs to fit in to my car boot. I drive a ford fiesta so not a big car. My friend has quite a bulky buggy and it fits tho but alot of reviews ive read on buggys that ive liked the look of says dont buy if you have a small car.

As i drive im thinking of trying to get a second hand travel system in good condition as it wont be used as much as some one who doesn't drive and it seams pointless to spend a fortune on something that wont be used alot.

Many thanks

susie

Best advice is to go play with them!! Go into a pram centre, or somewhere like mamas and papas and try some out.

Also figure out what you want it to do - like being small enough to go in car boot, or easily folded for going on public transport - even something simple like a bar handle rather than two - some of these things will narrow your options down quite a bit.

Second hand travel systems might be worth a look at, but bare in mind that buying a car seat second hand isn't recommened unless you can be 100. Sure it's not been in an accident.
Xxx

On my iPhone - so cant see tickers :(

Thanks that a good idea, i think i will deffo do that. If anyone has any travel systems that they would like to recommend tho please do.

My babystyle oyster fitted in my ka boot, and I love it! Only thing it doesn't have is a cup holder, although I think u can get that as an accessory, u can also get colour packs to accessorize, they are awesome, we got the grape :) x

Sent from my HTC Wildfire S A510e using Tapatalk 2

We have a mamas and papas ultima and it is gorgeous (expensive but my biggest tip for buggy would be to buy second hand, we'll be doing that next time OH refused this time but has since agreed we wouldve saved a fortune) If we lived in a house I wouldve got more use out of it, but we are in a 1st floor flat and the lugging and doing 2 trips up and down stairs when on my own is a nightmare. I've mainly used the carseat attachment as it meant I could leave Tyler on the landing safely and I could see/hear him. Apart from that its a lovely travel system. The carry cot is sturdy and comes with a stand, that was Tyler's bed when he first came home from the hospital. The stand is fantastic actually we take it to MIL's (who has a dog) and if Tyler's asleep we can have him out the way of the dog so he can stay asleep iykwim? we've also used it as a makeshift highchair at dinner time.

I'm so jealous, I wanted the m&p ultima in mimi, but I couldnt justify £750! When I know this will be my only baby x

I'd also suggest you go and have a play and see what you like.

We went for the Sola and it doesnt come with a cup-holder but you can buy one as an extra. :)

I have the oyster and it is fab. Lightweight, easy to use and a great travel system with the maxi cosi car seat.

You will be surprised just how much you use it, even though you drive and I use mine every day from a quick walk to the shops, trip to town or out visiting friends. Using either the pushchair seat or the car seat on the frame. Car seats get heavy when LO's start to put on weight so the wheels are a back saviour!

Like the other girls said go and have a play with a few and see what features you like and then find the best fit.

If you go down the second hand route I would recommend getting a brand new car seat for which ever one you choose. You can never be too careful with carseats in my opinion.

On tapatalk so can't see tickers :-(
Excuse the typos, phone has mind of its own.

Travel systems are fab when they are tiny as I always used to put the car seat on the frame so I didnt distrub the little guy when he was sleeping but now that he is older I have bought a normal pushchair as I find my pram very heavy and I keep the pushchair in the car and I use the original one for him to sleep in at home and for walks. So I wud say get a cheaper travel system to hold back money for a lightwieght buggy when they are bigger!!
xxx

I love my travel system! Its the Cassatto Cabi. It fits in the boot of my cousins KA if you take the back wheels off which is easy enough. I decided I loved it when I tried it out at a baby show. You should deffinatly try to get down to one they have so many to choose from and they're usually cheaper than they are in the shops. Or just go to try and like you said get a second hand one. Hope you find the perfect one for you :)

I've got the iCandy peach, it's a brilliant pram, would recommend to anyone. It folds down small to go in the car boot, the carrycot attachment is a good size, and the car seat fits straight in the frame. The whole system is super lightweight and can be pushed with one hand, it folds down flat with one hand (the only thing a lot of people don't like is you have to take the seat unit off to fold it, but it comes off in seconds). I love mine, very happy with it.
Do you have a big mothercare near you? The one here has a floor of prams to test? Or if not, are you far from Peterborough? We have Kiddicare here, it has a massive floor of every conceivable type of pram and the sales people are more than happy to show you how they all work and let you play.xx

Sent from my sexy iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back