• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Totally exhausted after our 2.30am trip to A&E!

evemarie8

Reaction score
The night before last Clark woke me up at 2.30am with a temperature and I can only presume a sore throat as I have had one for a week, then yesterday he was really miserable so I had been giving him calpol every 4 hours. Then at 8.30pm last night his temperature went right up to 39.5 so I called NHS direct and they advised me to give him ibuprofen as well as calpol, so OH went out to get some and after that he seemed right as rain, so we put him to bed in just his vest. Then at 1am he woke up completely hysterical, arms and legs shaking and wouldn't give me any eye contact or even acknowledge that I was trying to settle him, so I took his temperature (39.7) gave him more medecine and some milk then took his temp again and it had shot right to 40.7 :shock: Called NHS and they had me check him over properly then told us to just go straight to A&E! By the time we had got there after a very cold car ride his temp was back to 37 so I looked like a right tit! :wall: The nurse did say we had done the right thing though as he could well have had a fit at home. Anyway, they checked him over really well and told me to keep up the calpol, calprofen doses until his temp regulates itself again, (it was still 39 this morning when he got up) and to just keep him cool and keep an eye on him!
Now all I want to do is :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: but he seems set on having a very active day!

aww that must have been scary :hug:

Glad nothing was too wrong and hope he feels better today

That must have been scary hun :hug: glad it was nothing serious, and hope you get your chance to :sleep: at some point today

I'm going to take a nap with him as soon as he crashes, I don't see I will have any problems dozing off today, its the OH I feel sorry for because he's at work until 6!

sounds like he had a febrile convulsion, how scary, hope he gets bettter soon x x

rusks said:
sounds like he had a febrile convulsion, how scary, hope he gets bettter soon x x

Thats what the nurse said, that although he didn't do the whole roling his eyes and looking like he was having a seizure, he could still have had a small convulsion. I just hope he doesn't have to go through the same thing tonight, he still very whingey atm :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnastasiaKh
Back