top&tail bowl in hosp bag?

trixipaws

Reaction score
i'm planning a home birth but hav packed a hospital bag just in case.
i put one of those "top&tail" bowls in but it wont fit in the bag so its in a seperate bag. i explained this 2 my OH and he doesnt think we'd need it?
if ur in hosp do they provide bowls for cleaning/changing baby or do ppl take their own?

na don't think you'll be needing that in the hospital, they generally just give baba a wipe down, however saying that I didn't stay in over night when Otis was born. It wasn't on the hospital bag list either, I think if you are on hospital for awhile after they provide you with something or you just wipe baba down by the sink so no need for a bowl. Good luck hun!!!

No I wouldn't bother - they generally have little bowls you can use if needed.

Eeeek - what is this and should I have one? I have a baby bath but not this bowl?

Valentine xxx

valentine said:
Eeeek - what is this and should I have one? I have a baby bath but not this bowl?

Valentine xxx

It is just a little bowl split in half. You put warm water in both parts and use one half to wash top and one half to wash tail (bum and bits). If you don't buy one you can just use two seperate little bowls. If you have given your baby a bath you won't need to use this but it is good if you arn't giving your baby a bath to freshen them up in the morning using this and cotton wool.

when i was in hospital they brought a baby bath to bed bed for me

Valentine you dont really need one, I bought one when I had mason and used it about twice. Water in any small bowls will do.

Honestly I had one and never used it. I just used a small plastic bowl day and night.

I wont be buying one this time. Its a waste of money, but thats just my opinion.

I was bought one and it makes a great decoration for the bathroom nothing more..I just use a bowl of water.

We bought a starter kit in Mothercare, it was the baby bath, a top/tail bowl, 3 hooded towels, 3 washcloths and a few toiletry products, they were not what I would want to use on baby so used them months ago myself but it was a good deal (cant remember the price though), bought the stand seperate from the bath kit.

Valentine: I don't think the top/tail bowl is really necessary but if you did want them you can pick them up for less than £4 in most stores!!

This is the style I have (and is most common):
bowl2.jpg

Here's another version:
bowl1.jpg

I don't know - mine came in useful......to keep all the bath toys in :rotfl:

just to provide another opinion, I still use the top and tail bowl every day, Otis is top and tailed every morning and then has a bath in the evening. Another questuon now is when does one stop top and tailing??? hmmm maybe when Otis is standing properly I can have him wash by the sink instead... sorry just thinking out loud!

gosh i think im so old fashioned, i never bothered with a top and tail bowel. I had a baby bath, which later was scaled down to a washing up bowl and i used to give him a bath every night in that but every mornign i used to plop him in the sink and givve him a wipe over with a flannel, starting with his face and working down to his widge and bum, then id just use a new clean flannel every day!

If you need to bath your baby in hospital hun they will provide you with a bowl to do so dont worry it is natural to want to take the kitchen sink. i guarentee you wont use half of what you take!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back