Too soon to leave baby for the night ?/ holiday

Duds

Reaction score
Its my wedding anniversary in June and I really want to stay the night in a lux hotel, Aimee will be 5 months by then & I want to leave her with my mum for the night, do you think it is to soon? I really dont know whether to book somewhere or not...
I trust my mum but just worried that its cruel leaving her and letting her sleep in a strange room on her own the night. It might really unsettle her.

Also, we are going to spain in June for our first holiday, have any of you had a holiday yet? How was babs on the plane?

Damien was 2 weeks old when I left him overnight at my mums - he loves her to bits and is happy there. He stayed there for 3 days and 2 nights when he was 6 weeks old as I caught a bug and was really ill and couldn't look after myself let alone him.

I'd say she was definately old enough, but do what you feel comfortable with :D

Hope you have a good night :wink:

Yeah your right she'll prob be fine, I actually think cause iv left it longer it might be worse as she is used to her routine and bed etc...
Be nice to have a baby free night tho and a lie in !!! :lol:

I've left Rubie overnight at my mums 2 or 3 times, last night in fact!! The more she gets used to it young the easier it will be I reckon. She will be fine hun, don't worry and enjoy yourself and the break!!

I left Kacy Over night at my parents house when she was one week old, that was like that every week friday for the first four weeks. If you are worried about Amiee getting unsettled why don't you ask your mum if she can stay over before hand so you can find out.

matthew stayed with my parents when he was 2 weeks old as we were exhausted from him refusing to sleep until 3 in the morning he has stopped over again since and at my OHs parents, I also leave him with people in the day if i have appointments at the docs etc. I think its good for them to have that time with other people and stay at different places

Maybe let him stay overnight before then and see how he goes, even if you stay there but in a different room, that way if he doesn't settle you'll know before you book hotel.

As for flying i flew from australia to uk when Abi was 9 weeks old on my own and it was really easy she slept all the way i had to wake her for feeds, the noise and movement of the plane makes them sleep, she was 5 1/2 months when we flew back and again she slept all the way, just make sure you have a dummy for him for take off and landing or a feed if he's due, this will make his ears pop and stop the pressure, the air hostesses will warm a feed for you if need be :)

God you lot are so lucky!!!

My mum or Andy's mum have never had any of my kids overnight!! :(
They don't offer and if i ask they moan!! We never get a break!!

As for weekends to ourself!! No chance. :(

My mum had Aimee over night once when she was 8 weeks old cos I really needed a rest but she managed to use all 6 bottles I had made in like 12 hours then when I rang her up to see how thing were and she told me I couldn't relax. I've taught her how to use the steriliser now incase i get lucky enough to get another night away!

Yeah - go for it! My Mum is always offering so I am looking at travel cots at the moment!!!

Winstanley has a good idea - let your mum stay over night and do all the feeds etc - then you will know that she is ok! (which of couse she will be as you are here and fine!!)

We did this with my Mum - she has done it twice now - it means you both get to have a nights kip. :D :D :D :D

Yep Iv made my mind up, im gonna go for it, It has to be done really. We could do with some time on our own also as we just havent had any time for each other & our relationship is suffering I think. Hopefully we will get back on track Im just a little worried as he seems to annoy me more now than he used to...

I feel alot better about leaving her now as alot of you guys have - thanks.
x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back