Last Night...

Rachaellius

Reaction score
So last night Phoebe stayed at her nanny's (my mums) overnight for the first time!!! She only lives an 10 minute drive from us, so we were nearby if needed.

I really didn't want to leave her, but I trust my mom completely and I know she'll do things exactly how I want them and I thought it'd be good for me and OH to spend some quality time together as we've not been getting on too well of late.

Me and OH had a lovely night, we went for a meal and came home to get some much needed kip, and ahem make the most of having the bedroom to ourselves ;) I really think it's done us the world of good having a little break. But my god I missed her and was so eager to go and pick her up this morning!

I was so worried about how she'd sleep because lately she's started waking at 2.30, 5.30 and 7.30 :/
But no, little madam behaved for my mom, she only woke up once in the night at 3.30 and slept til 8am!!! Little tinker! Gahh why can't she sleep that well for mommy lol :brat:

Oh and my mom told me she put her in her moses basket AWAKE! And she self settled!!! She has NEVER done that for me! I normally have to hold her until she's in a deep sleep and then put her in her basket! :roll:

That's fab news babe. Go you. I'd like to do the same but not quite there yet. Typical of lo lol but great that she settled well. Xx

really pleased you got a well deserved break hun, now you can be all refreshed for her xxxx

I'm contemplating hiring my mom as a live in nanny she quite obviously has the nack! lol
Aww Olive do it when your ready, I was so worried but it really did us the world of good and Phoebe loves her nanny she always smiles when she sees her, bless her :) xx

My family all call my mum magic nanny as she also really has this knack of calming babies and making them sleep, maybe its because she's raised 3 kids herself. Shame she lives 500 miles away as a night off would be lovely. Glad you had a good night and feel refreshed :)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

it must be a nana thing. my mums leandros only grandparent and he loves her to bits. she also has a knack of getting him to sleep. which can be annoying to as she normally gets him to sleep within 15 minutes of holding him half an hour tops which means sometimes hes asleep when he doesn't need to be lol xxx

That's great rach. My dad is the magic one in our family. He can literally take any screaming child and have them settled in two mins. My SIL used to get quite upset if she couldn't settle her first and she did. Thankfully I didn't take it personally he's just magic. Lol. Pity he's 200miles away. :( xxx

Well my mom must have had words with her lol. She went from 10 til 4, settled straight away and then went til 7.30 :D :yay: x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back