too much sleep??

fran_23

Reaction score
sorry girls now i think about it i think someone else posted about this but i think it was more about naps...

hmm anyway just wondered if too much sleep is bad because hayden is still asleep now..i woke him and fed him this morning and he went back to sleep i've checked him a few times and he opened his eyes to look at me and went back to sleep so i left him..i'm about to feed him and nappy change him now so he'll wake up..but its a long time to sleep isnt it?! he hasnt woken up hungry or anything!!

It's very normal for young babies to sleep lots, he'll let you know if he needs anything, I'm sure.

Pretty soon he'll start being more lively :)

Make the most of it hun as soon enough he won't want to sleep in the day and you won't get anything done!

LBxx

thanks girls, the reason i was so worried is because he only normally has 2 or 3 20 min naps during the day. he doesnt usually sleep that much so i just wondered if it was ok for him to go that long..he seems ok, no temperature or anything! he prob wont sleep tonight though..lol!

hiya fran

Thats funny that he has taken to sleeping so much today, Ellis was like that yesterday but that cos he had his second jabs?!

Was he not waking for feeds at all?? When Ellis was tiny the HV said if a baby sleep past there feed let them go upto five hours then wake them. I dont know if its true of a few month old babys but i know with newborns then can keep sleeping through feeds if there blood sugar is low.

hope he gets better sweety xxxx

Fran don't worry, Stanley is still sleeping ALL THE TIME! Usually up to 18/20 hours a day, I'm sure :)

Jamie used to go through spells of sleeping loads & I think it coincided with growth spurts. Enjoy! :D

Keely said:
hiya fran

Thats funny that he has taken to sleeping so much today, Ellis was like that yesterday but that cos he had his second jabs?!

Was he not waking for feeds at all?? When Ellis was tiny the HV said if a baby sleep past there feed let them go upto five hours then wake them. I dont know if its true of a few month old babys but i know with newborns then can keep sleeping through feeds if there blood sugar is low.

hope he gets better sweety xxxx

thanks hun..hes ok today i guess he was just having a tired day or something..i worry too much!!

did you go to the baby show btw keely? i totally forgot about it!
i couldnt have really gone anyway, couldnt afford it coz i got my water, gas and electric at the same time!

Eva has between 2-4hours depending on how tired she is that day. I just let her sleep when she looks tired. If she doesn't nap I find that she sleeps worse at night. I do try to encourage her to nap earlier in the day though, not at teatime - cos that is fatal!!

no i didnt go hun... OH lost his job so no dollar either!! :(

glad hayden is better now, shame you was worried and couldnt enjoy all the peace haha

xxxx

sorry to hear that sweetie..hope everythings ok!
if OH lost his job we'd be in sh*t coz i dont get maternity pay!

he got another job!!! :dance: only out of work for a week. and now he is on more money :dance: :dance: :dance:

xxxx

ah thats great news :hug:
some things happen for a reason eh!!

Hi

Aww your lucky he sleeps like that in a few months itw ill probably be that he never sleeps lol. Seems like alot of people are losing jobs or dont have money hopefully we all get back in track soon.
Katrina

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back