Bit worried..too much sleep!

positivity :)

Reaction score
So Will slept through to 8.30am today which i was thrilled about but...he's not been awake barely at all today!!! i'm a bit worried??

he woke up at 8.30 after sleeping through from 11pm last night. then after his 8.30am feed he went back to sleep until 10.30am. he then woke for about an hour, then got sick and after fell asleep again for an hour or two. he then woke for about an hour at 2pm and has been asleep again since then. i just moved him from one chair to another and he hasn't even stirred :shock:

do you think he's ok? he is 9 weeks now and i've read of 9 week growth spurts but this seems way too much!! xx

Wow I'd make the most of it today! He might be back to normal tomorrow!

I'm not hugely knowledgeable as you know but maybe keep an eye on him over the next few days?

I guess if he's drinking and having wet nappies and he hasn't got a temp then it's nothing to worry about. We've always just let Jack sleep but he's never ever slept longer than 2.5hrs at a time during the day and 5hrs at a time at night. I'd enjoy the peaceful day but keep an eye on him x

he woke up about 20 mins ago so i fed him and he was falling asleep while feeding :roll:

just called the 24 hour midwife line we have been given and she said 'you will have to go to your gp or a&e coz i can't see him' :roll: what's the point in the telephone line then?? she gave me no advice at all!

xx

Probably similar to my lo just diff hours. She does about 12 hours a night from around 730 with ond night feed. Awake for 90 mind max and then can sleep for couple of hours. Award again for up to 90 mins then asleep for another afternoon nap of good Cooke of hours or so. Then another nap of around an hour on late afternoon. She's 8 weeks and the norm ix still around 16 hours sleep in every 24 hours. If she has a bad night and will sleep more in the day to catch up

Lilyanna has always been a sleepy baby, like Claire said if he's ok in himself and alert when awake and waking for feeds then I'd just enjoy it babe! Might be having a growth spurt and needs extra sleep?xx

Thanks ladies. He woke from 6pm until 10pm and seemed normal so feeling a bit better xx

I remember savannah had a couple of days like this when she was smaller... so worrying isn't it,

Those 24 hour things are crap sometimes

x

Pos, its totally fine. Check out this website, turns out babies need alot more sleep than you think. Very important brain development goes on when they sleep, its more important than being awake looking at toys. I was having probs with kayden not sleeping & found that website, been following it loosly & it totally works, the more sleep they get the more they want & the better they sleep the better they feed!!

http://www.boswellbunch.com/simone/Babies/6_Week_Olds....html

:)

Glad he's ok pos, it's worrying when they do something unexpected like that, even if it's good for them if you aren't used to it, it could be alarming x

F has always slept lots. She's barely awake for more than 1.5hrs between naps including feedtime etc and as littlemiss said they're growing whilst they're sleeping so I'm sure he's fine! Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back