Too hungry!

Pregnopaws

Reaction score
LO continues to demand food often (much less than 2 hours between feeds). I breastfeed as much as I can and offer 6 oz bottles a couple of times a day. He also gets a couple of teaspoons of baby cereal with his last feed now as he is waking up all hours for food. Despite all this he only gained 2 ounces in weight in the last 2 weeks !! The woman in the clinic said it was ok but i think its a bit odd. If he is having a growth spurt I would expect him to gain more. I wonder if I should change to hungry baby milk or just try a little more baby rice with his last bottle? Any ideas?

Baby milk is more calorific than any baby food, so giving more baby rice would do nothing for his weight gain.
At approx 4 months babies do go through a massive growth spurt which can often be mistaken as a sign for weaning. Generally their feeding slows back down again after a week or so, so I'd just keep offering the boob as much as he wants it or increase the amount of formula you are giving up from 6oz.
I don't think I ever noticed a correlation between increased weight gain and growth spurts (both mine were gannets anyway!) so I wouldn't worry too much. Weight gain does slow down as they get older :)

is funny u should say that, the only week ive ever known leland to ahve what i thought was a growth spurt is gained less then he ever has done since he was born lol i think its cos he grew in heights and his weight kinda stretched out !

I had this with lil miss... but she was exclusively bf'd and it didn't stop for nearly a month.... by which time she was feeding up to 17 times a day (pretty long feeds too) and not sleeping much...once I introduced some solid food such as pear she calmed down a bit.... she only feeds around 10x a day now....just keep with it hun...its only a few months and he will be weaned fully... I would have kept with 100% bfing if I didn't have to go back to work :(

Kyran went through a growth spurt in the first week of being 4 months old to. Id see how he goes this week and if he's still eating like mad after a week id maybe put him onto the hungry baby milk.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back