9 months having a lot less milk?

rusks

Reaction score
luke has this week gone to bed without his bedtime bottle and he is also refusing his mid morning bottle is this okl?

he used to have 4 bottles a day but now he has dropped 2 so he has a 7oz bottle when he wakes and then about 3-4oz at about 3.30, this doesn't seem enough? especially to drop the bedtime bottle as well. he eats his food well and has probably about 3oz of water a day as well, and he is sleeping just the same not waking hungry and waiting til his normal 7am bottle. i also add his formula to his brekkie (approx 2-3oz).

it just baffles me how he managed to drop 2 bottles at the same time and still seem to be satisfied and not hungry?

Sorry hun, i don't realy know cos JT only 3 months but as long as his wieght ok etc i would of thought he's ok.. all babies are different. Have you spoken to youHV about it? :hug:

I think this is quite normal - at 9mths old Arianna was only having 2 9oz bottles (one with brekfast and one at bedtime) and she would occationally have a 4oz bottle when she went down for her nap.

If he is still eating I wouldnt worry!

Evie has three feeds a day at the moment 11amish, bedtime and one in the night. I can't tell you how much though because she is breastfed. It looks like she is starting to drop the 11am feed, if we are busy she doesn't worry about it.

When I last asked the HV how much she should be having she said I should try and give her 20oz a day (up to a year) but this can include milk in food/ sauces on cereal etc.

Hope this helps :D

thanks guys my HV said he should be having 16oz a day minimum. he does get it in other ways like sauces and cheese and he has a good balanced diet, and in his cereals. i was just so concerned, he is taking a bit more now but most days he is not having the min 16oz a day. he loves his food and he is not dehydrated at all just think i need to chill out a bit! cheers lisa x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back