9 months having a lot less milk?

Discussion in 'Feeding & Nutrition' started by rusks, Nov 17, 2007.

1. rusks

rusks Well-Known Member

luke has this week gone to bed without his bedtime bottle and he is also refusing his mid morning bottle is this okl?

he used to have 4 bottles a day but now he has dropped 2 so he has a 7oz bottle when he wakes and then about 3-4oz at about 3.30, this doesn't seem enough? especially to drop the bedtime bottle as well. he eats his food well and has probably about 3oz of water a day as well, and he is sleeping just the same not waking hungry and waiting til his normal 7am bottle. i also add his formula to his brekkie (approx 2-3oz).

it just baffles me how he managed to drop 2 bottles at the same time and still seem to be satisfied and not hungry?

2. rusks

rusks Well-Known Member

anybody any ideas?

3. Krystal

Krystal Well-Known Member

Sorry hun, i don't realy know cos JT only 3 months but as long as his wieght ok etc i would of thought he's ok.. all babies are different. Have you spoken to youHV about it? :hug:

4. SarahH

SarahH Well-Known Member

I think this is quite normal - at 9mths old Arianna was only having 2 9oz bottles (one with brekfast and one at bedtime) and she would occationally have a 4oz bottle when she went down for her nap.

If he is still eating I wouldnt worry!

5. Fluffy Bunny

Fluffy Bunny Well-Known Member

Evie has three feeds a day at the moment 11amish, bedtime and one in the night. I can't tell you how much though because she is breastfed. It looks like she is starting to drop the 11am feed, if we are busy she doesn't worry about it.

When I last asked the HV how much she should be having she said I should try and give her 20oz a day (up to a year) but this can include milk in food/ sauces on cereal etc.

Hope this helps :D

6. rusks

rusks Well-Known Member

thanks guys my HV said he should be having 16oz a day minimum. he does get it in other ways like sauces and cheese and he has a good balanced diet, and in his cereals. i was just so concerned, he is taking a bit more now but most days he is not having the min 16oz a day. he loves his food and he is not dehydrated at all just think i need to chill out a bit! cheers lisa x