• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Too much movement?

jellyfish

Reaction score
Sorry, this is probably a stupid question, but is it possible to feel too much movement from the baby? I do have quiet times during the day, but for the most part, this LO is on the move. It's mostly gentle movements, or little pokes, but there are times during the day when the movement gets really vigorous - it's like she's doing a complete turnover in there or something, and you can see all of it through my stomach - I mean it's majorly alien-like :oops:!!

I've mentioned this to others and a colleague in work said that she knew another girl who experienced the same thing, and it turned out that the cord was wrapped around her baby's neck, and that the baby was struggling to get away from the cord, and that's why there was so much movement.

Do you think this is possible, or is it just likely that by now baby has run out of room and that's why it feels so strong?

Thanks....

First of all, what a horrid thing your colleague said to you, jeezo pregnancy is a worrying enough time without someone saying that to you.

I'd think it was just the usual movements, it'll feel stronger as there's less room for bubs to move aorund in, but as always if you're really worried give your midwife a call hun to put your mind at ease, and give your colleague a smack as well for upsetting you!

Gotta say what a gorgeous scan piccy too! :D

i don't know about too much movement, but i know what you mean about stomach moving loads. mine does it, its fun to watch!

My LO has a tendency to lie on her cord. It effects her traces.

If you are worried, ask your MW. even if it is to put your mind at rest
:hug:

I know what u mean about these types of movements. They are reassuring at first but then start to get u thinking .
I have casually mentioned this to my midwife( I dont want her thinking i am totally paranoid) and she didnt seem to be too bothered that i was even a little concerned.
As the other ladies have said if it continues please talk to your midwife at next appointment or fone her.
U dont need to hear other peoples scare stories but everyone seems to have tham and they convieniently forget to button their lips before blurting something out half the time.

BTW i am 30 weeks today and have been feeling this type of movement for about the last 8 weeks if not more
have been on monitor for tracing and a consultant has viewed my trace (with movemments marked) and did not comment at all.

ive asked the sonographer the other day wether baby can get strangled with the chord in the womb and she said it is extremely rare so do not take any notice of those horrible ppl

I am the same the baby is moving all the time realy hard OH said its like the film Alien! and my god it hurts :oops:

is it normal for baby to get hickups all the time?

I felt my LO have 3 batches of them yesterday?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bwqdaa
Back