Somedays alot of movement...others very little???

Julia

Reaction score
Hi Girls

Is it normal to have alot of movement on some days and very little on others...today I have been a little worried because even though I can feel some light movement, it is not as hard or as much as normal. Is this common??

I am 28 weeks..

Julia xxx

I was exactly the same...and still am, even if movements have changed now! Yesterday she practically did not stop moving, and today, just a few movements! :?

I even went to the delivery suite as I thought there was something wrong with my baby when it happened, and they put me on a monitor for 2 hours! and typical, baby did not stop moving there!!! made me feel so stupid...but at the same time, I was really reassured, and at the end of the day, that's what counts!
I'd say it's probably nothing, but if only for that, call your midwife if you get too concerned about it! you will get reassurance and baby might move more if you are not stressed.

From that day (delivery suite), I have made up my mind not to get worried anymore if baby was slowing down, and actually since then, it's been much better...maybe babies sense when we are stressed and don't move not to "bother" us??? :p

call your MW if it gets too much on your head! But try not to worry too much: just like us, babies have days with, and days without! :lol:

hope it gets better
Mel xx

I'm the same, MW says on the quieter days buba is just in a comfortable position. Only advice I can give, that I was given too, is note down in a 12 hour period how many movements you fell, and if it is less than 10 give MW a call. I was only getting 6 movements in a 10 hour period, but it turns out she was lying in an awkward position.

Don't worry too much, it is fairly common, although I know it's easier said than done, cause I panic over anything :wink:

It can also depend on where your LO is kicking. If s/he's kicking towards your back you won't feel it so much as if s/he's kicking towards your tummy or ribs.

Hey there well i have had this worry loads of times and have been wired up to the monitor too on several occasions last month but when i seen the consultant afterwards she asked me how many movements i think that i ought to feel and so i told her (the same as K X) has said but she said in so many ways that its not the case so much now its only unless you notice anything different in the movents that bubs generally tends to make and as time progresses on their movements will slow down anyway.so now i am more reassured on this and only look out if the movements become different in anyway. dont worry too much though. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back