Too many kicks

Crimson92

Reaction score
My baby has been kicking so much over the past hour, she hasn't calmed down at all, and it is so painful on my sides, ribs, back and bladder now. Is it anything to worry about how much she is moving ? And how she hasn't settled in like an hour and a half?

If any one has any advice on how to settle a very active baby when you are trying to sleep it will be very appreciated, she done the same last night and just kicked most of the night :( x

of course I would prefer too many kicks than too little, but she wont even stop for ten minutes so I can try get to sleep ! Im so tired :( x

Sorry hun, I don't have any advice but didn't want to read and run. Hope you get some sleep soon.

X

Lol. Sounds just like me every move he.makes is painful but ide.rather.the movements than not. I am having.trouble sleeping due to active baby and.lovely lovely dead leg feeling. But I must of drifted off although 3 trips to the loo didn't help. Lol. Maybe try a milky drink to get.you v tired so you fall asleep without.baby waking or keeping you away. Or a random walk around.the.house I always find he.is quiet.when I walk around x x

Mine is the same today, feels like its doing flaming wii fit! Nothing keeps me awake though Im quite lucky like that. Hope it stops soon x

no advice either but my baby permenately kicks, it never stops, i'm starting to dread it being born and think it will never sleep. it seems to have no quiet time. It doesn;t hurt though the only enjoyment i get is when in bed i lie with my tummy up to hubby back so he feels every kick too and he becomes a little bit morw understnading if i want a nap in the day and not done the housework.

May sound silly but if i rub my bump it does settle baby for a little while when its having a kicking or moving fit - but that has seemed to have been since baby has got bigger - and does help when you know exactly where bits are lol x

Last edited:
Can't really help except to say that when I was in hospital my baby had one night where he kicked for 2 and a half hours straight - so guess it's normal!! xx

No advice as the only person who gets kept awake by lil mans movements and kicks are OH!! lol
I woke up this morning at 10am for a wee to find OH playing games with baby- he said he'd been kicking his hand on my tummy for over an hour and i slept right through it lol! xxx

Oh dear, guess I should just try and make myself really tired then :lol: I don't mind, in a way, but she was kicking so much, so hard and for so long it was just hurting ! My poor bladder was getting the worst ! x

Hi hun, my midwife said if i noticed any change in babys pattern of movement either slowing down or being more active than usual i should ring triage to get checked out. I dunno if thats just our area though xxx

Oh hun i do completely understand its v v painful.

Do you nap during the day?? X x

Also take into account what you've eaten or drunk recently.....i know mine goes a bit crazy when I have something quite sugary xx

Hi hun, my midwife said if i noticed any change in babys pattern of movement either slowing down or being more active than usual i should ring triage to get checked out. I dunno if thats just our area though xxx

Hopefully not? and no Smess :lol: I just can't, I actually can't bring myself to physically do it ! I just hate it for some reason, its really weird if I do sleep through the day I wake up feeling all horrible. I do tend to drink a fair bit, like juice and water as I have it next to my bed cause I am thirsty a fair bit, don't know I that could be doing it. Will see if she will be the same tonight x

Mine is active all the time and it carries on through the night, I never thought i'd be able to sleep through it but luckily my bodies quite used to it now so I manage somehow! But it does make me have the weirdest dreams as u can probaby imagine!

As for trying to calm it down, sometimes my daughter sings a nursery rhyme & it calms down, plus rubbing tummy can help too....hope u find something that helps! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back