too late now!!

inky

Reaction score
Well, unless those of us still waiting manage to convince our LOs to come out today, they're no longer going to get the £250 child trust fund and instead will get a measly £50. Hmmmph!!!!

Come on out babies!! It's actually worth an extra £200 to come today lol!

Wasnt it yesterday? From August 1st it goes to £50 :( I knew my LO would wait until after it stopped. At least she'll get £100 no matter what.

I suppose its all to save the government pennies...so Im not against it. Just would of been nice :(

Hehehe! It was yesterday they stopped it wasn't it? As of 1st Aug it's £50 I think!

Was telling baby this morning that he/she has missed out on money towards his/her first car! lol!

I think it's awful that they've cut it down from 250 to 50!

they just said on bbc news that if you have your baby today then you will still qualify for £250 so there is a little more time yet lol!

I think it's awful that they've cut it down from 250 to 50!

It is, but I suppose handing £250 out for every newborn isn't saving the country any money :-( Unfortunately it's gotta get worse before it can get any better.

I'm not too fussed - would've been nice to have got it but hey ho!

awww that sucks!!! I thought that was staying for all 2010 babies...

So we just get £50? that's it?? Do you get another instalment... I havent got a clue about this or family tax...no clue what I can/cant claim

If its just £50 - they might as well not bother really - not much interest on that puppy...

x

They're even stopping the £50 from January 2011 apparently.

yeah fair enough, government do have to save money, just wouldve been nice to know our babies have some kind of instinctive financial sense and arrive in time to get a nice payout on their 18th birthday!!

I know - it sucks that they decided to cut it now as we're all due after :-( But whenever they cut it someone's gonna miss out...

Hey, £50 is better than a kick in the teeth though eh?! :)

Yup! £50 is better than nothing!! Did you know the prince of Dubai - gives about a grand to every new born baby BOY that is born (not girls though...)! He is this young very very rich prince!! Very sexiest - but wouldn't a grand be nice?? Hahaha xx

wow a grand!!! But yeah £50 is still free money, and presumably it will gain interest over the years so little ones will have a bit of cash aside when they turn 18. Possibly a good thing, as I think if someone gave me £400 odd on my 18th birthday I wouldve just gone a bit mental with it anyway. At least it wil be less than £100 and theres only so much craziness you can pull off with that amount!

plus in 18 years £100 will probably only be worth about a tenner anyway, that's presuming we're still paying for stuff in pounds!

plus in 18 years £100 will probably only be worth about a tenner anyway, that's presuming we're still paying for stuff in pounds!

Haha! That's a scary thought isn't it?! lol! My Aunty started a NS&I account for my when I was born and put in £10 a month for a few years to give me when I turned 21. Only just got it the other day (my 21st was in Jan...! :roll:) and there's £500 in it! Cant wait to see what the interest is on it! :D

I think this has been handled really badly by the coalition. While I totally agree that it had to stop, I mean really, why should our little ones get £250 just for being born? But it shouldn't have been a cut of date on births, it should have been on conception dates. Anyone already registered under a midwife should have got the full amount, and any new registrations should only get £50. As it is, there's ladies like you guys on here that might have been expecting that money now, could have been planning for 8 months or so where to invest it etc.

Bet they'll be after our mat leave next! Haven't they already cut child tax credits?

For child tax credits theyve cut the thresholds so you have to earn even less to be eligeable. I see what you mean about already being pregnant, I was given all sorts of leaflets and information on investing the child trust fund, I wont pretend Ive done a lot of research, but I could have!

They're also going to start means testing for child benefits which I think is fair enough. Why give £20 per week to a family who could be earning 100k, when it would be pocket money to them, and give the same to a family earning less than 30k. Its just madness!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back