• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Too big for moses basket - too young for cot?

Shaz

Reaction score
I've been noticing the last couple of nights with Connor that he's really not sleeping properly in his moses basket.

he's very fretful and thrashes around the makes a lot of noise in the basket. This morning I ended up putting him in our bed on the mattress next to me - he stretched right out and immediately fell asleep. Now and then he'd throw his arms out in his sleep and I suddenly wondered if the moses basket is too cramped for him? Not length wise, but in the width? I left him and hubby co-sleeping (they had about half the big bed each) and Connor looked so comfy stretched out (like a little crucifix!!).

Our room is very small, but we're going to bring the big cot in tonight to try him in as I think he moves around a lot in his sleep and he disturbs himself in the basket.

If this works is he too young at 5/6 weeks to go into this own room? he'll be right next door and house is so small you can hear him cry wherever you are. Also we've got a monitor we use when he goes upstairs to bed in the evening and we're still downstairs.

He naps in the day in his bouncy chair quite happily.

When did your babies go into their own rooms??? He's a very noisy sleeper anyway so for our sanity if he settles in his cot tonight then maybe we should move him into his own room fairly soon after??

keeley had to be in my room for the first 3 month as we only had one bed room :lol:

i think babies can go straight in there cot.... not sure tho :think: and a lot of babies go straight into there own room... i know i did when i was born

keeley liked her cot better than her crib as her arms were coming out on the sides :lol: :lol:

keeley's a million times better now she's in her own room i think we were waking each other up during the night...

connor will be fine hun :hug:

hope that helps

Lots of people get on fine with their babies being in another room, so if you have no other option don't worry about it too much.

I put Brody into a travel cot in our room till he was about 7 months.

Both my girls went in their own room at about 1 month i think. I found that we both slept much better. Poor Nathan hasn't got his own room yet so were stuck with each other until Aimees old enough to share a room with Jess. Luckily we have quite a big bedroom so we can fit the cot in our room.

alice had the same problem. she would end up waking her self up.

she was in the cot from around 6 weeks (i think :think: can't blooming remember). but she tends to co sleep quite a bit as well.

she is in our room still

Jamie was in his own room from birth but one of us slept in there with him for the first 4 weeks 5 days! he slept in his moses basket and when he got to big for that he went into his cot, i'm guesiing he was about 2 months ish old, can't really remember tbh, we put him in a grobag & he was fine.
We found as soon as he was in his own room we both slept better coz we couldn't hear all his little gurgles etc but can still hear him cry from our room.

We put Katie in her cot just last week there she loves it, sleeps well in it. Dont know when we will put her in her own room!

I put Otis in his cot in his room when he was around 4 wks for exactly the same reason, especially in the mornings when he doesn't sleep as deep the moses basket was just to noisey. If you are worry about your LO wondering around in his new big bed you could always get a cot divider - I still use one for Otis.

hi
christopher has been in his cot in his own room from 4/5 weeks old as he was and still is a big baby - 10lb 14.5oz at bith :shock: we put him in his own room as he was farto big for moses basket and would constantly hit the sides and wakew up. he slept through as soon as he went to his cot and own room.
however we do have a sensor mat with our monitor that sets alarm off with no mvmnt/breathing after 20 secs - - :pray: couldnt cope with out it!!!!
he also had and still has a sleep positioner from www.kiddiecare.com our healrh visitor recomended it to sop them from moving around/ rolling over i would recommend one.

hope this helps. pm me if u want more info .

Rhian xxx :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Salata Sara
Back