Tommee Tippee VS Avent

LoopyLouize

Reaction score
I am on Babies R Us now and there is an offer for both Essential Starter Kits...

Both seem good and a similar price but I can't decide which one!

Has anybody bought one of these and if so which one and what made you chose that one?

xx

I used avent with both children and have never had a problem, never leaked etc x.

I tried both with My little girl but honestly preferred TT as i breast and bottle fed!! they seemed to work better for her when switching between me feeding and getting a bottle!! I found she didn't feed as well off of the Avent and they never sealed properly and leaked a lot!!

xxx

I used Avent with my first and never had any problems. Did a mixture of breast and bottle feeding and worked for me:) going to stick with them for this baby too, which reminds me, need to buy some new bottles and breast milk storage containers and check sterilizer is still ok.

Also used Avent soothers :)

I was told tommee tippee teats resemble the shape of a nipple so I went with them I also picked up a pack of 3 150ml TT bottles from home bargain for about £6 they also have the steriliser for £22 I originally paid £120 for the TT starter kit but don't get me started on that I don't have it anymore so bought everything again actually works out cheaper coz u don't need everything that comes in the kits & u end up buyin extra bottles anyway!
Eg I the TT starter kit I bought it came with 2 thermal bottle bags but my changing bag comes with built in thermal pockets. Price everything up in the kit 1st then work out what u actually need!

when i was breastfeeding & expressing i used tt ones they worked great & she never had nipple confusion. once i gave up bf the tt bottles became a nightmare the 1st size & 2nd size teats were too slow but the rest were far too quick i changed to avent and they were great no leaks etc xx

I looked at both and ended up going for the tt one. I think my decision was based on what you got in the box and the fact that I'd heard good things about tt so I think I made my decision before I entered the shop! Obviously I don't have any experience of using them yet. X

My brother and sister used Avent and I have too! They've come highly recommended and I've never known them to leak

I have also gone for Avent, got the whole steriliser package from Babies R Us a while ago. Hubby did a lot of research (as always) before we settled on it. There seems to be a great range of good reviews from all aspects for both, but Avent seemed to just have that little extra support.

Last edited:
I used Tommee Tippee with first never had any leaks at all & bottles lasted for years (and teats) - I went from breast to bottle too.

I've got the closer to nature for this baby.

I looked at both of these too but went for the TT set as it has everything we need (apart from a couple of extra bottles that we're going to buy). I have heard lots of good things about TT. xxx

I brought the TT set from babies r us after finally settling on those, so many good reviews for them but think they are as good as one another.
x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back