Tomas Liam Cusack 10lbs

cherylcusack

Reaction score
Here is my birthing story, in parts it is quiet TMI and also is abit worrying in orther parts too, but i will tell it how it is.

Firstly i am only 5 ft and a size 10, my last baby was 9 pounds so i was expecting a big baby anyway, i also developed spd early so think that had a lot to do with the problems i occured in labour.

Went to bed Saturday 10th May was having a lot of braxton hicks but didnt think much off it, i woke at 1am went to the loo, and see i had a slight show, no pains, work up my other half, and took him to the loo so he could have a look to confirm it to me that it was my show, (you,d think id know by the 4th one)

rang maternity ward up and they said come in if i get contractions. anyway feel back of to sleep at woke a 3am with a few pains, so had a bath and they got stronger, but nothing that i couldnt cope with.

at 5am i decieded to go into hospital to see if i was dialated, when i got there i was 4 cm, so asked if they could break my waters, the first docs said no, so they waited another hour and the docs changed shifts, the next ones said yes.

pains where not really that bad.......then they broke my waters,,arrrrrrrrrgghhhh, now they hurt.

i asked for meptid as i had had this before, and really quite liked it :D. about an hour later i started to have urges to push but was told i was only 9 cm dialated, as my cervix for some reason wouldnt wouldnt fully dialate.

the midwife waited half hour and then helped me along by inserting a finger getting me to push on a contraction and somehow making me fully dialated.

i was then told to push on each contraction, but cause i wanted a poo :oops: i wasnt doing it properly, in the end i had to swollow my pride and push and poo at the same time :oops:

the pushing went on for a while and then suddenly the head was out, but i was told not to push as apparently the cord was round his neck so i had to do little pushes.........this really hurt.

next thing they were asking me to push again and another midwife came rushing in they were pulling and shaking the baby, trying to get him out, resus was called in just as Tomas was pulled out, he had been stuck in my pelvis its called shoulder something.

he was not breathing and the resus team were just about to take him and the midwife got him breathing, it seemed like forever but it was prob only a few seconds.

they then handed him straight to me, and ive never been more relieved in my life.

he was weighed in at 10 pound and i had to stay in cause with big babies they have to do 24 hour blood sugars every 3 hours.

we went home the next day and baby Tomas is just fine and perfect.

Awww great birth story - many congratulations :hug:

Thanks for sharing, congrats on your baby boy.

Alex xxx

Great birth story, you must have been so scared though.
Congrats xxx

Congrats, you must have been very scared. Glad everything turned out ok xx

:shock: :shock:

Im so glad everything worked out, but my gosh that must of been a shocking wait!

WELL DONE AND CONGRATULATIONS.

I am glad baby was alright.

must have been scary waitibg for him to breathe, glad you're both ok :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

congrats on your 10l-er!! :dance: :dance: :dance:

how scary glad everything was ok in the end :)

Just realised I had not added my congratulations!

What a story!!

Well done :hug: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back