• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Toliet runs and sleep!!!

debsladybird

Reaction score
Hi there,

Just wondered if anyone is suffering like me!

I'm having to get up in the night 1, 2 and sometimes 3 times to go to the loo. When I go to bed my bladder feels sore, like when you've been waiting for the loo for ages but as I'm getting up so often its not!! I'm also really struggling to sleep. Its not just for going to the loo, I am just restless and wake up really early each morning and struggle to get back to sleep. This morning it was 4.30am!!

Is this normal for so early on in a pregnancy???? I thought it was in late pregnancy that it got bad!!!

Yeah i am having to go to the loo loads of times a night, its a nightmare especially coz its so cold at the moment too. Takes ages to warm back up! I have always been a bit of a night person and not going to sleep till late but now i actually want to i cant... and when i do im awake really early too!

Maybe its our bodies way preparing us for what it will be like with a little baby! Think from what i have read its pretty normal! Fingers crossed things get better before they get worse xxx

Hi hun

I was exactly like that with the toilet runs - never really eased up although past week been down to 2 a nite lol xox

Apparently, during the first trimester the uterus is expanding to fill the pelvis which presses on the bladder. During the second trimester the uterus rises out of the pelvis releasing the pressure on the bladder. And during the third trimester, the size of the uterus once again puts pressure on the bladder.

Xx

Same here!! Esp if I've had a kip during the day I seem to be more aware that I need to pee. If I don't kip I think I go a little less but still going every nite!!

Same here though tri 2 seems a bit better the problem is im so thirsty in the evening that doesnt help! The broken sleep is right too, i normally sleep like a log but once im awake now its hard to go back :-(

yeah im the same. driving me nuts. keep trying not to get up and go as sometimes its not worth it as not alot happens. when i dont though im thinking about the fact i need to go then cant sleep so have to get up anyway. lol. xxx

Sorry for such a late reply! I've been so busy over the last few days I not been able to get on here!!!

So pleased I am not alone! I was starting to think there was something wrong with me!!! Hope it eases soon as really struggling to get any proper sleep and am tired at work!! Bring on Trimester 2!!!!

Sarl not long now! Hope you and bump are well!
Thanks Flopsy bunny for the info!!

dxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bwqdaa
Back