• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Toilet trouble! sorry!

OverTheMoon

Reaction score
Just under two weeks ago i was really sick in the night, and diarrhoea too all the next day. The sickness passed after just one day but the other didn't!!! I went to the docs who said it was gastroenteritis but she couldn't give me anything for the diarrhoea as she said anything like that is likely to soften the cervix.
Since then its not so often :oops: but its still there - my problem is i feel ok and then as soon as i venture out of the house i get this ohmygod feeling i've got to go right now and i have to run to the loo. Its really getting me down now as its so restrictive and painful!!! Any ideas/suggestions on what i can do? I live in the middle east and its really really really hot so i have to drink lots which probably makes it worse. :(

:hug: :hug: :hug: bless you it must be horribe, ask your mw if there is anything you could take drink boiled water lots and lots as you dont want to get dehydrated sweetie..... you might have tummy bug too??? i dont know what else you could take....sending you hugs :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Hi
Found this on a home remedy site. Hope it helps
Sherry xx

Ingredients: Lemon/Lime juice, Ginger juice, Black Pepper
Instructions: Squeeze juice of 1/2 of a Lemon. Take a 1" ginger piece and grate it. Then squeeze it to get juice. Then mix the lime juice, ginger juice and 1/4 tsp. of black pepper powder and drink it.

The very popular diet of diarrhea is called B.R.A.T :
B = Banana
R = Rice
A = Applesauce
T = Toast
This four diet will help you to cure diarrhea in a day. Don't take any
fruitjuice.

ah thanks for your replies, i was getting that paranoid feeling when you see how many people have looked at your post and not actually replied!! :oops:
Anyway I will definitely give the remedies a try tomorrow, fingers crossed.....

Hope you feel better soon :hug:

Make sure you just sip drinkgs rather than gulp then down and introduce food very slowly.

Also - avoid anything with artificial sweetners, e.g. diet drinks and do not drink lucozade - it actually has a warning in the small print that is should not be drunk if you have gastroentiritus..... I found this out the hard way, thought it would make me better, made me even worse!

aw, hope u feel better soon, keep drinking lots coz diarrhoea dehydrates u :hug:

Hi

Hope it works for you hun. :hug: Ive had it tons this pregnancy its not fun
Katrina

no dairy for the runs!! milk is a no no.

i was always told not to eat for 24 hours so that everything has chance to clear out, if you keep eating you are feeding the bug.

how do you feel today?

Thanks still feel the same but eaten shed loads of bananas so we'll see what happens tomorrow!
Six so far and another five to go.....

Sorry to read about your tummy troubles OvertheMoon. Have you tried just eating bland food for a day or two.. like rice, hard boiled eggs, bread (no butter)?

I've had a loose tum all the way through this pregnancy. Some days I go 4 or 5 times and that can be quite tricky when I'm working! I really sympathise with how you are feeling. :)

Bananas are a miracle cure!!! Seriously Sherry thank you soooo much for putting the remedies on here now i can venture out of the house without feeling really nervous........ welcome back constipation! :roll:

Becareful with the amount of bananas you eat. they are high in potassium which can be as bad as too much sodium, not good for the heart.

have you been eating high fibre foods? hope you are feeling better now hun xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fatema53
Back