To sell babys old clothes or not?

ShadowWolf

Reaction score
Just a quick bit of advice needed really. I have lots of clothes that Lilly has grown out of and I'm finding it hard to decide whether to sell them or not and if I do sell them, what's the best way? (Ebay, here, collect only, car boot) The reason I ask is because I know OH would like another LO at some point and I'm hanging onto them in case we have another girl.... is this silly? Are baby clothes cheap enough that I can sell these and easily buy more? If I keep them, where does it stop? Will I be keeping every outfit she owns until she leaves home? You'd think it would be an easy choice but I'm finding it really tough, lol! Do I have extra money to spend on her now (as I'd probably buy more clothes) or save money on my next baby?

Xxxx

I've kept everything gender neutral (for when we have Another) and sold everything girly. some on here, ebay & done a carboot. what i can't sell i'll just keep then if we have Another girl i'll use it if not i'll try selling it again or take it to charity xx

I gave all the newborn stuff away to my cousin, then gave away the 0-3 months stuff to my friend but now wish I'd kept it all lol. Have kept everything since, even though it's all boys clothes coz I'm pretty sure if we had a million kids it would always be a boy!! Just a feeling!

But yeah I'm keeping everything from here on out. If we haven't had a baby within the next 3 years I'll defo sell it all!

I'm in the same boat as you shadowwolf, my daughter is nearly 14 months and I have kept everything since she was born even the few items that she didn't get to wear.
I haven't got the space for them and the same with all her old toys but don't want to get rid of all them in case we have another girl or some are just to nice to get rid of...to many memories lol

But I've got to do something soon lol xx

we're keeping all of our little mans stuff! we figured it was probably best to keep it just in case and then eventually we will sell it when we know for definite that no more lo's are in the future!! id personally (and we will when we sell stuff) use ebay or gumtree!!
xx

Yea, tough choice :D we don't really have the space and could do with the little bit of money to buy her new clothes and toys, that way I can just sell and buy I spose :) thanks for the advice, I think I will be doing some selling soon. :)

Xxx

We're keeping everything, we hope for another and if we have another little boy then C's clothes are like new anyway, lots still have tags on, whoops!

Well, decided to do it and popped them up on Ebay to raise a little extra cash. Once i've sold them, i'll spend it all on her again, heh. I have more fun shopping for her than for myself!

xx

i wanted to keep everything!!!! lol!! i have boxed up the neutral stuff seperately and i have kept some nice outfits incase we have another boy (this is at 6 boxes lol) i found the small stuff hardest to get rid of as now i can easily seperate what i want to keep and want to sell!!

I've kept one of the 'outies' that we put her in when she was first born and I'd love to keep it all but space is non-existing in our house :(

Xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miamie50
Back